The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greddy's build thread!! Better late than never!

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 1056
    So i did some rallicross events recently and they really chipped up the paint on my wheels. Since I've decided not to powdercoat these since I"m getting new ones soon, I went ahead and repainted them. 3 coats of magnesium blue, two coats of gunmetal, and two coats of clear. Only got the rears done so far, don't mind the rear drums, they are coming off today since the weather is finally nice enough to work on the car. I love the way the wheels came out though, cuz from distance they look gunmetal, but if you're close and the sun hits they sparkle with a bluish color
    Before

After

OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    hmm interesting color! should take some shots from farther away too

I will once they're all done

dude, you do rallycross events in the galant?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^yeah bro, I did a couple since I knew my old goodyears were about to give up the ghost, so just for fun, raised it up and it was a blast, makes the car filthy but very fun, I will tell you this, a stock galant (drivetrain wise) is a blast in mud and gravel with judicious use of the e brake :)

the new color looks good (different). it must have been fun doing that event. ;)
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Finished painting all the wheels, the car is filthy, but this will give you guys an idea as to what they look like in different amounts of light.

Last edited by greddy; 05-24-2009 at 07:31 PM

when are you going to paint mine again?

^if you really want me to you can drive down or I can drive up and we'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^yeah bro, I did a couple since I knew my old goodyears were about to give up the ghost, so just for fun, raised it up and it was a blast, makes the car filthy but very fun, I will tell you this, a stock galant (drivetrain wise) is a blast in mud and gravel with judicious use of the e brake :)
    you got some balls. I cringe at the sound of gravel hitting my car.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

^yeah, I stopped caring after I got a big dent @ the movie theater, got a check for it, now I'm saving up the rest for the full paint job, so I figured I may as well enjoy while I can

i would do the same. lol

I do want them painted not sure if i want to spend the money on powder coating or not though...

what kind of paint did you use?

and did you take the tires off?

how did you paint the lip that goes into the tire?
    just taped it off and did the best you could?

Index cards, just place them between the tire and the wheel, I was gonna powdercoat them but then I figured I'm getting new wheels pretty soon so there's no point in spending a ton on that. I used two layers of engine block primer, followed by 3 coats of magnesium blue, two coats of gunmetal, than a very very very light coat of magnesium blue, just to get some flake on the gunmetal while it was still a little wet, and than two coats of clear to finish it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Index cards, just place them between the tire and the wheel, I was gonna powdercoat them but then I figured I'm getting new wheels pretty soon so there's no point in spending a ton on that. I used two layers of engine block primer, followed by 3 coats of magnesium blue, two coats of gunmetal, than a very very very light coat of magnesium blue, just to get some flake on the gunmetal while it was still a little wet, and than two coats of clear to finish it all off.
    no i mean like... where did you get the paint?

I got it from a local body shop

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good, you planning on some Side-skirts? Why did you take out your fogs? What color do you plan to paint?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

yeah, I'm gonna go with some old style sides to line up with it, don't know what I'm gonna do for the rear yet though. Took my fogs off because one of them basically exploded into tiny bits during a rallicross event, hit a rock or something cuz it was destroyed.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    great build thread, inspired me to start my own lol. ill have on up this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast