The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: taking apart 16g

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

taking apart 16g

i have a 16g i was using and since i got it 2 months ago i felt it was not spooling as fast as i liked.. I decided to remove it last week and reinstall my 14b- upon removal i noticed the wastegate flapper was not firm and sealing ne more. Then i noticed it had an oil buildup in the compressor wheel area that was contacting the blades enough to not spin freely sometimes.. Im gonna use my 14b wastegate on it but i wanna remove the compressor housing and clean the oil sludge by hand. Do i have to rebalance the wheels after i remove the housing or is it just removal clean and install??
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

nah the compressor housing just comes off with a snapring tool.

just be careful not to break off the indexing dowel that keeps the outlet lined up.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

sounds simple enough thanks
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted