The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Infinity Kappa 60.9CS installation

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Infinity Kappa 60.9CS installation

I just bought Infinity Kappa 60.9CS component speakers (http://tinyurl.com/6sy7b9). The question is: can I install them using my original Infinity amp and wires (2001 GTZ) and skip crossover that comes with the new speakers ? Right now I have Pioneer DEH-P690UB head unit connected to the factory amp using MITAH adapter and it plays fine so I think that crossover is built into amp not head unit. And another: will these new tweeters fit into factory place without any modifications ?
    Last edited by SotY; 09-06-2008 at 12:02 PM

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    if the speaker is an oversized 6.5 then yes it will fit, but if its a regular 6.5 you will need to get an extender ring or something of that sort.

These speakers come with 6.5" and 6.75" mounting spots so that's not a problem. My question was about crossover and tweeters.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    you need to do full rewire..

full rewire and use what comes with the speakers

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    ^yep from am to speaker
    03 I4

it would be highly advised at least. for best quality. GL with it man. post pics of install if possible.

not even best quality but so you dont blow the speakers... on another note if your doing kappa series u should amp it aftermarketly regardless

Just did a Warranty exchange on my 4 year old Kappa 60.5cs and there gonna send me the Kappa 60.9CS. The old Kappa came with mounts. I did a full rewire. I didnt use the OEM amp. I have them runnig with a MTX 4 channal amp with a Pioneer radio... Hope that helps. I put up some pics as soon as i get them...

Can I use factory wires ? So I could just connect crossover that comes with the speakers to factory amp and then factory wires to that crossover.

After reading club3g forums I found that factory speakers are 2 ohms, same as those Kappa's that I bought. So I think that factory amp should provide enough power for new speakers and not to blown them. So I will try install new speakers using factory wires and built in crossover and check how it sounds. I will let you know on Saturday.

im telling you not to do it but u must know better then me about it...!
    i guess everyone on club3g are MECP certified

I'm not saying that I know better. I'm just saying if my new speakers have the same impedance as stock ones and they can handle up to 90W RMS (stock amp is a way lower for sure) I won't blown new speakers. Even if something will blown it should be stock amp not speakers or head unit. Am I right ?

OK installation is partially done. I have replaced stock low/mid speakers with these kappa's using factory wires and amp. They are playing super fine and nothing was blown. The problem is factory tweeter cover. Tweeters that came with kappa's wouldn't fit inside :/. Anybody know if I can get some custom made bigger tweeter cover for 8G ? They are 2" in diameter and 1" depth. If I won't find anything I will probably get stock corner cover for 8G without tweeter pod and mount kappa's on it.