The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Infinity Speakers

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Infinity Speakers

What speakers could you put in the doors of an 8G with the Inifinity?

From looking at BestBuy/Circuit City most come up as not a fit or the watts are in the 100s, I believe the Inifinity is around 210 watts.

Not looking for anything fancy, just replacements as my driver door snap crackles and pops.

REMEMBER ... THERE ARE NO STUPID QUESTIONS, BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF INQUISITIVE IDIOTS

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    anything 6.5"

Go to Crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle info. I trust them more when it comes to vehicle stereo fitments than I would BB or CC.
    sig too big

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmm View Post
    Go to Crutchfield.com and enter your vehicle info. I trust them more when it comes to vehicle stereo fitments than I would BB or CC.

ROFLAO

it's the same shit just a different book/site

8g takes 6.5" front, 6x9 back, single DIN deck

yea i used the infinity speakers out of evo
    they pluged right in the front
    and the rear is out of infinity eclipse
    plug right in as well
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I got the infinity reference 6.5" two way shallow mounts up front. They sound pretty good. Fit perfect too

back's are still OEM

Thanks for the input - - Have a great weekend!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    oh and I ordered mine from sonicelectronix.com I found them to be cheaper than crutchfield

Looking to purchase the Infinity Reference 6022si 6 1/2 shallow 2-way speakers for the front probably from Crutchfield, having never messed with speakers or removing the front door panel I have a couple questions.

1) Is there a tutorial for removing the door panel, the only link I found was broken? I've never messed with speakers before but would like to try the hands on approach.

2) Do I need the accessories they list (baffles, dynamat, additional installation tools) in addition to the included installation tools and guide?
    They include this w/ purchase: Two 2-way speakers, 2 Grilles, 2 Grille frames, 2 Metal mounting rings, 2 Plastic mounting rings (Chrysler/GM), Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
    , 8 Machine screws, 8 Speed clips, 2 Strips of self-adhesive foam.
    Respect the woman’s car, and she’ll respect you.

I thought the speakers are 6.75" or 6-3/4. Not every 6.5" will fit without some kind of adaptation. Mine are 6.5" and i had to tear apart the stock speaker and screw the new ones to the stock frame

Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield are ALL wrong on the front fitment. Well, they leave a very important detail that gives people problems trying to fit 6.5" speakers in their front doors. Our front doors are 6.75", THEY ARE NOT 6.5" in any shape or form.

The ONLY reason 'some' 6.5" speakers fit is because they are consider 6.5S (Oversized) speakers. And are designed JUST for this reason to fit 6.75" applications.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 02-04-2009 at 07:11 PM

Pic for reference of what I had to do to get them to fit.

How to remove door panel:
    Step one is basically the same for the front doors except you have to remove your tweeter pod plus an extra screw or two.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=23225
    Last edited by Chucktown_1843; 02-04-2009 at 08:12 PM

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    If your not stuck on getting infinity, I have alpine type R's in my car and they come with a bracket that will fit in our cars perfectly and install was a breeze. They are 6.5 but they bracket has mounts for 6.75" and they sound great!