The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for opinions on lighting...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    the answer is dont do it. get HIDs. they will be brighter. hids are going as cheap as $85 for slim ballasts. You can check mine out at the next meet

This is really confusing to me. Best I can tell it is a group of LED's on a circle circuit board and then the LED circuit board is stacked on top of each other effectivly blocking the LED's that are behind it. But that aside that is the reason that they dont use LED's in house lighting because they have trouble getting a LED to create the lumen output of a 60W bulb...that and they cost an arm and a leg (when assembled correctly, meaning not just randomly placed on a circuit board)

lol, leds arnt used in houses because they dont produce pure white light, recently they have made them tho.

want some seriour lumen output? http://www.luxeonstar.com/endor-rebe...00ma-p-183.php

HID's are CHEAP now! just get H7 HID (and stay between 2450K and 6000K).

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    those are crap, they will give you like no light output...spent the extra $50 and get hids...you will be happier with both the look im sure and they give a great output which will be much better for visibility

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Remember who you guys are talking too (Projector headlight fiasco). Safety is definitely not a major concern for this kid. As long as he thinks he can see fine he's happy.

I say go for the LED headlights. For $30, I'm sure they're bright and DOT approved. They wont be any worse than the magnifying glasses you have in there now.
    do u ever stop running your mouth? The whole reason i got the jdm lights was because i was not happy with the heads i have now, i tried something it didnt work, get over it.,.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    the answer is dont do it. get HIDs. they will be brighter. hids are going as cheap as $85 for slim ballasts. You can check mine out at the next meet
    i think hids will be the way to go... thanks for the advice...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    those are crap, they will give you like no light output...spent the extra $50 and get hids...you will be happier with both the look im sure and they give a great output which will be much better for visibility
    thanks for your imput...
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    HID's are CHEAP now! just get H7 HID (and stay between 2450K and 6000K).
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    lol, leds arnt used in houses because they dont produce pure white light, recently they have made them tho.

want some seriour lumen output? http://www.luxeonstar.com/endor-rebe...00ma-p-183.php
    Quote Originally Posted by eros8201 View Post
    This is really confusing to me. Best I can tell it is a group of LED's on a circle circuit board and then the LED circuit board is stacked on top of each other effectivly blocking the LED's that are behind it. But that aside that is the reason that they dont use LED's in house lighting because they have trouble getting a LED to create the lumen output of a 60W bulb...that and they cost an arm and a leg (when assembled correctly, meaning not just randomly placed on a circuit board)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    dark blue light doesn't seem very bright to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    LED's are almost always dimmer than regular bulbs, just get a set of HID's if you want bright lights. I guarantee those will suck balls for your main lighting. It won't be safe. The only things I would recommend using LED's for would be running lights or turn signals, thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeRad View Post
    Led's give out whats called diffused light, which is nice for atmosphere but not for visibility. now its says it is stronger than traditional bulbs but the difference between hard and diffused light will make a huge difference, still wanna see what they look like though. so go for it

thats for the imput guys... i will just wait and get the hids...
    Mods:

hids are the way to go, get some switchbacks to go with the hids as well

switchbacks?
    Mods:

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm
    hit ctrl + f and type in Introducing the Switchback

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    do u ever stop running your mouth? The whole reason i got the jdm lights was because i was not happy with the heads i have now, i tried something it didnt work, get over it.,.
    I'll stop running my mouth when you stop suggesting ridiculously dangerous ideas.

After you spent pages with photos telling us all how good the cutoff was and how bright they were, after at least 20 people told you they wouldn't work and you were endangering yourself and others, now you're admitting they didn't work out??

Ownage!!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

lol

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm
    hit ctrl + f and type in Introducing the Switchback
    i cant find the info... appricate the help anyways
    Mods:

scroll down, its near the bottom

look for this pic

i like thouse... they are nice.... thanks
    Mods:

yup, find greddys build thread, he has them.

yup, find greddys build thread, he has them.
    yep, they will go well with 6000K hids, I have a set of the hid's for my JDM's on the way. Just make sure you wire in resistors so that they don't blink like their on steroids.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12