The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: slammed with +15 wheels VIP-STYLE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 119
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    not feelin it but kudos to hard work

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    The drop and the lip on the wheels look really good, but I'm not feeling the center design of the wheels on the galant. They look like mustang wheels to me, but nice work and I like the "VIP" written on the back window LOL!
    They are, 17x8" mustang bullet style wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    damn, looks good from all sides except:

now, that I can see this pic, I'm not feeling the look of the rear either, looks like it either needs less camber or more width on the wheels. None the less I still like the car overall.
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 09-11-2008 at 12:01 AM
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    now, that I can see this pic, I'm not feeling the look of the rear either, looks like it either needs less camber or more width on the hweels. None the less I still like the car overall.
    AGREED. but neither of those can be changed. im just hoping that when its painted that flaw will be overlooked by most. at the state the car is now it is easy to point out the things that look off. right now the grille is crooked, i have only 1 jdm mirror on, and i only have 1 of the rear door handles installed. well i ordered a rear set to cover the fronts cuz i dont want the key holes and theyre green

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    AGREED. but neither of those can be changed. im just hoping that when its painted that flaw will be overlooked by most. at the state the car is now it is easy to point out the things that look off. right now the grille is crooked, i have only 1 jdm mirror on, and i only have 1 of the rear door handles installed. well i ordered a rear set to cover the fronts cuz i dont want the key holes and theyre green
    I didnt even notice the other things. lol.

what do you think they would look like without the 8mm spacer? or do they rub the inside without them?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    now, that I can see this pic, I'm not feeling the look of the rear either, looks like it either needs less camber or more width on the wheels. None the less I still like the car overall.
    from that camera view, most people wont see it from that angle. I love the overall look though. wait til you put on side skirts and maybe a lil more of a drop and true staggered vip wheels. then i think imma shed a tear of joy. awesome start bro, keep it up!!!!!
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Cancer Paint is vip? lol jp nice work, id get bigger tiress tho and i would fix that camber (looks like your axles broke lol)

idk what it would look like w/o the spacers. i like it with them. after alignment imma try to fit a 10mm

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    negative camber eats them quick.
    I heard it's something called the 'toe' that eats away at tires more than camber--in most cases.. or at least in Honda/Acura cases.

Also... Nice Galant! I think it needs bags though... and wider+stretched tires.
    Does that say VIP on the rear-tint? Or am I just seeing things?
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

A1 Job

yes toe wears out more tire than camber, way more.

oh and after my car has been sitting for over 4 years, it still passed smog with flying colors.
    the guy asked me "what color is it?" i told him "its supposed to be black but you can be the judge"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Do you have any pictures of it without the 8mm spacers on the rear, or with the wheels not clear the suspension without them?
    7g for life!

the rear clears fine, i just want them as close to the quarter panel as possible for the flush look

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just saying, if the rears didnt have spacers, you wouldnt have to have such negative camber in order to clear the fenders. You should try taking out the spacers, back out the camber, and see how flush it will sit. I bet it will be pretty close.

Im not a big fan of big negative camber on fwd vehicles.
    7g for life!

yes i could do that but i like the camber

UPDATE:

took my lex into the shop to see why shes been leaking oil for the past 2 weeks, and its the oil pan. problem is the lexus has 2 of them and the leaking 1 is the upper pan. in order to reseal it they have to pull the motor. so now my moneys going to that, have to hold back on painting the galant for a minute. if you guys still have that so cal meet ill still roll though.

oh i put the facelift grill on and it looks way better

Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    I heard it's something called the 'toe' that eats away at tires more than camber--in most cases.. or at least in Honda/Acura cases.
    That is correct, BUT in cases of extreme camber you will also have faster tire wear on the inside shoulders.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Once again, looks great! Is that a R34 in the background of the 3rd pic?
    That looks like an R32
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    That looks like an R32
    It's actually a widebody integra with R34 tali lights according to VIPtint.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

keep posted guys i am holding off on paint and got some new wheels
    18x9 +22
    18x9.5 +20
    they net 5mm more aggressive than my current set but we will see. at least now i can get a real stretch on these rims and get them to fit a little better, with an actual stagger.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast