The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tokico HP how do they feel on 7g

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Tokico HP how do they feel on 7g

I searched and did not find anything opinions on how they feel on a 7g. I found a load of info on KBYs. I am going to replace all my rear bushings (prothane) and install new 2g awd springs at the same time. I have KYBs on the car currently (about 1 year old) and they feel no better than stock. I live in NY (jersey SUCKS) and roads are ok to complete crap.

What I want to know is how harsh are the Tokico HPs for a daily driver?

Yes I am going to do the front suspension as time permits but the rear knuckle bushings are shot and the front suspension feels ok!

Any have HPs on their 7g?

Proto has them on the Eclipse, and havent heard of anyone running these on 7g
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Well the part numbers are all of the same for the 7g, 2g FWD, 2g AWD. I know that the 2g AWD has stronger struts. This makes me think that they will have a harsh ride.

What performance strut do most people with a 7g run?

KYB GR2 is a like OEM strut not performance that what I was told when I contacted them.

Mko What struts do you run?

Some on line companies still sell Kyb AGX for 7G, but can find them ebay as well.As far as 2g AWD shocks you dont need to worry about stiffness cuz they are adjustable, and I think AWD has higher rate springs and the same shocks as GST.

I have AGX and Pro kit for 2g AWD

Build Thread

the gr-2 are slightly better than stock.

springs are more important than shocks. schocks absorb impacts, springs lower the car and control how it acts on roads.

if your so concerned about the shocks get coilovers. springs plus AGX's come a little short of coilovers, why not spend a little more and get the best?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

If I wanted coilovers I had to spend 4 times more of what I spent on agx's and eibach together. im happy with this setup for now.

Build Thread