The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kolio needs some tires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

kolio needs some tires!

what tires you guys recommend?

i need year round performance. snow and all.

i got BFG super sport A/S on my mazda ther ok but i looking to see if i can get better tires.

i'm running 215-45-17 right now and debating on going 225-40-17

what you guys think?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

goodyear tripple tread

falken 512
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    goodyear tripple tread
    bad expiriences with good year.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

lol, have had absoulutly no problems with these tires

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    ^The 912's are the new 512's

Chris if you are using it year round it would make more sense to stay at 215, a wider footprint in the snow = less traction. It's not a huge difference but I'd keep what you have. The slimmer tire will dig into the snow better, even though I doubt you'll be out cruising in blizzards haha.

What about the BFG G-Force? I'm pretty sure there is an all-season model.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    goodyears are nice except for the uber noise they create within a certain period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    ^The 912's are the new 512's

Chris if you are using it year round it would make more sense to stay at 215, a wider footprint in the snow = less traction. It's not a huge difference but I'd keep what you have. The slimmer tire will dig into the snow better, even though I doubt you'll be out cruising in blizzards haha.

What about the BFG G-Force? I'm pretty sure there is an all-season model.
    ya i got those on my mazda. they are BFG Super Sport A/S, thats the only year round tire they have in high performance tires.

i was thinking about geting toyo proxes 4

I'm a huuuuuuuge Yokahama fan. I ride on them, and so does everyone in my family.

if you want year round sport, as well as a quiet and grippy tire....

Yokahama AVID V4.

if you have a wide enough wheel then definatly go with the 225/40/17.

but i'll warn you, the wider your tire/contact patch, the worse your snow traction is going to be.

think, snowhoes.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the goodyear tripple tread has a 80,000 mile mileage warranty and has the best traction out there....
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ^^ hey just curious, what the difference between the tripple tread and the F1 all season? looks the same to me.

f1 all season dosent have a mileage warranty. the traction is good but not as good as the tripple tread, but the all season will give you a more comfortable ride. Thouse were made for like bmws and benz etc. The t ripple tread was desigined with traction in mind. It has 3 zone tech, for rain, snow, and sun. It is rated 10 out of 10 in all cat and 8 in comfort. The f1 all season is 9 in comfort.. But will last you 30,000 miles if you maintain them.(thus no mileage warranty.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

+1 for yokohama avids, i run the T4 since im still on OEM size rims, but i love the tires.
    Light em up.

i need sticky tires because i'm about to start putting down alot of powa!
    Last edited by kolio; 09-14-2008 at 02:16 AM

I got Yokohama Parada Spec II on my 8G. Those are pretty sticky IMO
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    I got Yokohama Parada Spec II on my 8G. Those are pretty sticky IMO
    only thing is i need all season, i never know when snow or ice will be on the raod where i go to school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    only thing is i need all season, i never know when snow or ice will be on the raod where i go to school.
    yeah. I wouldn't recommend in the winter whatsoever, LOL. Especially in the snow and ice. I had that displeasure 2 winters ago.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I love the parada spec 2. I was autocrossing on them and had them on my car for a year or two.
    I go through tires like no one's business, so those didn't last long.
    grippy as hell, quiet too, but in the winter you wouldn't be able to get the car out of the driveway(thats why i have winter wheels and a beater car)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

are hankook tires any good?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

the tripple tread are rated 10 out of 10 in wet, dry and snow tracction...
    Mods:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast