The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just a curious question for those of you with JDM heads

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Just a curious question for those of you with JDM heads

I read the install threads and a lot of you guys mention bending back the crash bar support. I just wanted to know why you guys didnt just take the whole thing out instead? Theyre really heavy and I could understand if its for safety reasons but without the crash bar I'm almost certain the front end would be FUBARed with or without the supports.

For the install of what the JDM pieces? You don't bend them back as far as I know. You could cut them at a 45 degree angle on each side to clear the front bumper. If you are talking about the radiator support for the headlights, then that is trimmed and some people push the brackets back a notch but not bend it.

Plus taking out a crash bar is just not a good idea. There is a thread about this already. You could get in a car accident going only 10 miles and hour and do some serious damage to you car.

on the 7g...its not really the crash bar, its the top of the tab where the crash bar bolts up to, on some cars its removable, on others it wasnt, i know on my 95 u couldnt remove the tabs, only the bar itself, so u had to trim down the top of the tabs where hte top bolt goes in order for the heads to fit properly

Grr, I hate the portal it always screws me up. I never read the damn top to see that it said 7th gen.

Sorry, it's eraly and I have to go take a train to class :-(

its ok dude, i just knew it was a 7g cuz of who posted