The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 1389
    Experienced TGC Member
    Any specific grade hardness?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Good looking out matt. I forgot you ground them down a little. Hmm jigz your flywheel is aftermarket if the flexplate bolts don't fit. Looks just like how my lightened flywheel looked with the stock bolts
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

yeah I nguess its aftermarket. hmmm... I guess I'll just get some bolts.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Did you guys just go to a parts store and got longer bolts or did you go to the dealer? Cuz, it will probably be cheaper at a parts store if I could do that you know?

edit: and you wouldn't happen to know the size and thread pitch would ya?
    If they are the same as the V6 flywheel bolts, I believe they are M12x1.5
    Though, I would go to a hardware store to be 100% sure.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I ordered the flywheel bolts from the dealer along with the pressure plate bolts. Unfortunately i wont be able to pick them up 'til Thursday so I wont be able to work on the galant 'til then. =/

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    I ordered the flywheel bolts from the dealer along with the pressure plate bolts. Unfortunately i wont be able to pick them up 'til Thursday so I wont be able to work on the galant 'til then. =/
    Did you order OEM bolts from the dealer?? We were going to do that with Marc's clutch install but the OEM bolts we took off were still too short and even OEM replacements would have been the same length...maybe you found another OEM application to use then???

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

well, the dealer told me that the flywheel bolts are longer than the flexplate bolts. I haven't paid for them yet so If they are indeed shorter still, i wont buy them.

I also ordered the flywheel bolts for the 02 Eclipse instead of the Galant.

Experienced TGC Member
    well, the dealer told me that the flywheel bolts are longer than the flexplate bolts. I haven't paid for them yet so If they are indeed shorter still, i wont buy them.

I also ordered the flywheel bolts for the 02 Eclipse instead of the Galant.
    Ahhh, you are good to go with those then I would think. Marc and I were hung up in his install on a saturday with crap all tore apart lol. Pretty much just the sit and wait game now...it blows.

www.blackheartmotors.net

I fucking hate this waiting for parts thing. I've been looking at my Galant helpless and unmoveable in the garage for two days now and it is driving me CRAZY! poor Baby G...

Experienced TGC Member
    Hey two days isn't bad...I havent even driven mine and its been about 8 months lol

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Hey two days isn't bad...I havent even driven mine and its been about 8 months lol
    lol. I guess I should stop bitching then. lol

lol poor matt
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Just so that this is noted, the dealers listing for "Flywheel bolts" for the 3G is the same size and length as the flexplate bolts. Good thing I didnt pay for them.

Anyways, was ATTEMPTING to put the trans in today but no dice. I ended up getting some M12 x 1.25 bolts from NAPA for the flywheel and one of the threads on one of the bolts stripped so I need to get another new bolt but NAPA was closed by te time I started to work on the car. So I'm going tomorrow morning to get more bolts.

I do have one concern though, with the longer bolts, once the two flywheel washers and the flywheel is on, the bolt only protrudes about a little over an 1/8th of an inch out the back, will this work or do I DEFINITELY need new bolts?

Experienced TGC Member
    When we did Marc's clutch I think we had about 1/4-3/8" actually threading into the crank. Having 1/8" only threaded in may work, but it is very risk that it could twist the bolts right out of the crank and as a result stripping the bolt threads and threading in the holes too.

Atleast we know the OEM flywheel and flexplate bolts are identical now, the aftermarket flywheels are probably much thicker than OEM.

www.blackheartmotors.net

did you use hardened steel bolts or just regular bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    When we did Marc's clutch I think we had about 1/4-3/8" actually threading into the crank. Having 1/8" only threaded in may work, but it is very risk that it could twist the bolts right out of the crank and as a result stripping the bolt threads and threading in the holes too.

Atleast we know the OEM flywheel and flexplate bolts are identical now, the aftermarket flywheels are probably much thicker than OEM.
    Meh 1/8 of a inch is NOT GOING TO WORK DONT TRY IT. When threading a bolt that has to sustain any type of force it is a must to have at least 1 and a 1/2 times the diameter of the bolt threaded into the hole.

Jigz just have them order you a set for a dsm 7 bolt they are like 3 bux a piece and the thread and length will work for you.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Meh 1/8 of a inch is NOT GOING TO WORK DONT TRY IT. When threading a bolt that has to sustain any type of force it is a must to have at least 1 and a 1/2 times the diameter of the bolt threaded into the hole.

Jigz just have them order you a set for a dsm 7 bolt they are like 3 bux a piece and the thread and length will work for you.
    Yeah, I'm just gonna order 2G GS-T flywheel bolts. my swap is going to be at a standstill for a couple more weeks... =/

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I personally wouldnt get bolts from a hardware store, I would only use Mitsu bolts in this case. The guy must have ordered the wrong bolt. The 7g/2g auto bolts are shorter then the 5spd. I get 7g/2g/3g bolts are the same part number.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I personally wouldnt get bolts from a hardware store, I would only use Mitsu bolts in this case. The guy must have ordered the wrong bolt. The 7g/2g auto bolts are shorter then the 5spd. I get 7g/2g/3g bolts are the same part number.
    They must've, cuz I swear those bolts were the same as the flexplate bolts.

I got my parts guy on the line trying to find some ARP flywheel bolts.

Worse comes to worse I need to find a Genuine Mitsu flywheel.

I just ordered the 7-bolt flywheel bolts from EXTREMEPSI.

They better be the right length.

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast