The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 1389
    got the flywheel, clutch, and trans in. Shimmed the pivot ball as well.

getting the trans in with the thicker aftermarket flywheel was a pain, if it didn't hit the PP it hit the subframe. But with a little patience GmoEm2 and I got it in. when I heard the disc go into the input shaft I was more than extatic.

Going back to work on it Monday because it's my moms birthday party tomorrow and I dont work on cars on sunday.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Hmm I only have a few things left to get till I start my swap. Can you point out anything im missing?

So far I have...

Trans
    Clutch
    Flywheel
    Pressure Plate
    Trans Mount
    Master Cylinder
    shifter assy.

All thats left is...

Slave cyl
    clutch line
    brake/clutch pedal
    shifter cables
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

off the top of my head it looks like you need a TOB and the TOB return clip.

if you have an OEM 3G Eclipse flywheel (Has to be from mitsubishi) you're going to need a second flywheel washer. if you have an aftermarket flywheel (2G, aftermarket 3G, or REMAN 3g) you are going to need longer bolts. I used the 2G flywheel bolts and threw the two washers out.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    off the top of my head it looks like you need a TOB and the TOB return clip.

if you have an OEM 3G Eclipse flywheel (Has to be from mitsubishi) you're going to need a second flywheel washer. if you have an aftermarket flywheel (2G, aftermarket 3G, or REMAN 3g) you are going to need longer bolts. I used the 2G flywheel bolts and threw the two washers out.
    Yup I do have the TOB threw on the one that came with the exedy, and the return clip Im assuming is the little clip the holds the TOB onto the input shaft? I do have an OEM flywheel, where the hell can I find this washer? lol I need CAPS so I can find the part number. :p
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

the return clip clips onto the fork.

and you can get the washer from the dealer for 5bucks.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    the return clip clips onto the fork.

and you can get the washer from the dealer for 5bucks.
    Ok ill have to go pick one up sometime soon.

On a side note... someone banged up my pass side fender today :'(

Got most of evrything in. Just need to put the suspension back together and the axles in to put it on the ground. Then, all I need to do is bleed the clutch, pour some gear lube in it, and adjust the clutch.

OMG look at the space!!

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    mannn thats nice all that space...no more fat pos auto

Experienced TGC Member
    If I were you I would pick up some grade 8 hardened steel bolts instead of those grade5 bolts. They might break :p

jigz along the side wall there should be a clip to slip down the ss line for the clutch!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    If I were you I would pick up some grade 8 hardened steel bolts instead of those grade5 bolts. They might break :p
    which bolts? the one on the mount? lol. I Have all the other three studs in so it should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    jigz along the side wall there should be a clip to slip down the ss line for the clutch!
    Thank bro!! I can't wait to drive it!

np! dude it will feel like a new car when you take it out for the first time! remember no beating up the clutch until it is broken in!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    np! dude it will feel like a new car when you take it out for the first time! remember no beating up the clutch until it is broken in!
    Actually, the clutch already has 3k on it but I'm still going to baby it for the first 100 miles or so. I really can't wait!

I would as well every car is different letting it bed in for 100 miles should be good
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

There would be a break in anyways because you should have resurfaced the flywheel. Unless you are using the same clutch.

I got a brand new flywheel so I will definitely break it in.

and by breaking it in you mean beating the shit out of it right?

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I have to pull the trans out again early tomorrow. I might've shimmed the pivot ball a washer or two too much.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    jigz make sure you loctite the pivot ball threads after you put it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Update?
    7g for life!

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast