The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Showing results 281 to 300 of 1389
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wooohhh I'm gonna be running with not shift boot too! hahah. I'll see if I can fab something up.

But otherwise good work! its too bad its too cold outside to do a lot of driving though

It's not the cold keeping me inside, it's the salt on the roads. Illinois likes to cake them on.

I'm waiting for my boot and my trim piece back. I got a custom one made from Bespoke auto interior.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nice jigz! Adrian I use the autozone universal boot and the oem auto shifter trim ^_^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I got an upddate for the boot I got made.

I cant wait to get it!

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

oh damn i might have to ask you to have one made for me!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Is it Suede Jigz?

Alcantara. =)

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Alcantara. =)
    Oh they look to be the same. It will look good.

He's willing to make some for Galants. As soon as I get mine in the mail I will take pics and post up a thread for interest.

Experienced TGC Member
    Omg I can't get my trans out grrrr. I'm trying to do it w/o taking the center crossmember thing out because I tried to take o e of the bolts out and it broke :( idk what to do
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

There are two bolts on that center crossmember that only hold a block of weight. Hopefully thats what broke, it's hard to believe you broke one of the mounting bolts.

You cant remove the trans without removing that crossmember since the front trans mount is on there. If you do get the trans out with it, it will be a ROYAL PAIN to get the trans in with the crossmember there.

I really hope you broke one of the weight's bolts Fred and not one of the mounting bolts.

Experienced TGC Member
    I broke one of the bolts towards the rear of the car. I think there are three and I broke the center and after that I was nuh uh not tryin another one. The two attached to the rad support cone out fine. I took those 2 out and managed to flex it enough to get the trans out.

Any advice on getting the flywheel bolts out? What kind of wrench works best etc.. Lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

sounds like you broke the bolt off of the weight. There should be a hardened bolt, then two different looking bolts, then another hardened bolt.

I stuck a pry bar in the holes on the flexplate and went to town with my breaker bar and 1/2" wrench.

omg i cant wait for that thread! i am soooo getting one! black with black stitching ftw!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Fred, take a piece of wood and drill two holes in it. Get two bolts + nuts. Bolt wood to the driveplate hold, and one of the holes on the engine, and then take those driveplate bolts off. For the flywheel, I had my friend use a breaker bar on the pulley side of the engine, while I torqued the flywheel bolts to spec.

Hmmm... I wonder what you guys think.

As most of you know I recently got some chrome 2g GS-T wheels I got as an early christmas present from my mom. Now, those wheels are 16x6 +48 and I was planning on slapping some 225/50/16's on them. I was going to get some 15mm bolt on spacers and call it a day until I found a set of 16x8 +46 3000GT wheels on craigslist last night. Figured I'd paint them and put the same size tire but most likely an Azenis instead of a 502. I would also put a spacer on those wheels because iirc 16x8 wheels rub on the lower control arm when the offset is higher than +35.

These are the wheels
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pts/1515116747.html

What do you guys think? I LOVE the look on the 2G GS-T wheels, but I'm not sure if I am happy with the width.

too much outer surface area, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    too much outer surface area, IMO
    what do you mean? like too much poke?

because thats what I figured, the 16x8 with the 15mm spacer would poke it out too much, but the 16x6 would sit close to flush.

the 16x8 would have a +31 with the spacer and the 16x6 would have a +33.

no i mean too much surface area perpendicular to the eye if you were looking at it from the side. IE the spokes are too wide for my liking

ah. yeah i was thinking the same thing. It;s not the prettiest wheel. lol

Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast