The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Showing results 321 to 340 of 1389
    Experienced TGC Member
    Yea im cool with not having to press the pedal to start it but I just want to get it as close to factory as possible if anyone else ever decides to drive the car lol. Which is rare I dont let others drive my car.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Only GmoEm2 and occasionally my gf will drive my car besides me.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

This is what a 225/50/16 looks like on a 6" rim.

I can't wait.

They're going on these

Pretty minty but I just noticed two of them have small bends. Oh well.

I'm still considering tires at this point and if I'm going to use a spacer or not.

Either
    BFgoodrich KDW
    Falken Azenis RT 615
    Falken Ziex 502
    Hankook RS-2

I'm leaning towards the 502 because I can get them for $79 a piece balanced and mounted on my wheels and I've got some good reviews on them. It's a good "performance" tire and an all season with good wet traction as well.

The KDW, Azenis, and the Hankook are all a little pricier but are better "spirited driving/weekend warrior" tire. The rim is only 6" wide so I don't know if it would be worth it to put these tires on them if theyre not going to be performing as good as if they were on some 7-8" widths. But if I got the money for them i guess why not.

So there's my little update on what I am planning with the car. As for the offset, I'll see where the set-up ends up mounted on the car before ordering 15mm bolt on spacers.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    I got my rs-2's on clearance on tire rack for $77 a piece, best investment ever...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I would wait to spend the money for tires on some 17"x7"s or 8"s. Its much more worth it and you get better performancd handling as well as looks because of the lower profile tire. Like the 225/45/17 is perfect for our cars.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Jigz go bigger on the wheels bro. The eclipse wheels are too narrow and the diameter is small so sidewall flex will be a bitch
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

At this point, I gotta work with what I got. The wheels were a xmas present from my mom. I simply cant afford to go 17's and I like the look of 16's to be honest. Maybe I'll go 17's later on but for now, I gotta work with the 16's.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think they would look good I just wish they were wider. That would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I think they would look good I just wish they were wider. That would be sweet.
    Definitely.

The KDWs bro, trust me. They are LEAGUES above the other choices listed.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Jigz go bigger on the wheels bro. The eclipse wheels are too narrow and the diameter is small so sidewall flex will be a bitch

yeah but better on ride quality.

ill never get 18s again.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The KDWs bro, trust me. They are LEAGUES above the other choices listed.
    As I keep reading about them, I am leaning towards them more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    I would wait to spend the money for tires on some 17"x7"s or 8"s. Its much more worth it and you get better performancd handling as well as looks because of the lower profile tire. Like the 225/45/17 is perfect for our cars.
    Go bigger to 225/40/18...I almost went 17's and its sounds picky but that extra inch to 18 makes a big difference cosmetically.

I'm not looking for cosmetic difference. I'm looking for something affordable and fun at the same time. 17 would be perfect but I WANT to run 16's because tires are fairly more affordable and I have a wide variety of good tires in my price range. I've done 17's and tires were killing me and for daily street driving it was a little too stiff and kept making my CD's skip. It's more about function and preference to be honest.

A little update, I drained the fluid out of the trans again today because it was leaking from the pan. When I pulled the pan there was barely any liquid gasket on it. So I took a wire brush to the pan and to the trans and finished a tube of Black Permatex RTV on it and put it back on. Letting it cure for 24 hours because I dont want to buy more quarts of MTL. I am also going to put synchromesh in it this time.

I thought I heard some1 say something bad about the syncromesh in one of the threads, thats its bad for the 3G tranny.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Roman uses it on his 3G 5-speed. So does Beam IIRC. It's actually the closest thing to what the 3G trans needs. Not a lot of stores carry GL-4 and GL-5 is bad for the synchros. So Synchromesh is the closest thing I can get readily available to me. Everything else is either GL-5 or GL-5/GL-4/GL-3.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-pennzoil-synchromesh.htm

"Pennzoil-Quaker State Synchromesh is a unique transmission and transaxle fluid that is not API "GL" rated. It has an approximate gear oil grade of about SAE 80W and can be used when temperatures range from -40ºF (-40ºC) to 300ºF (150ºC). According to Pennzoil's product description it is "formulated with high quality paraffinic base stocks, a fluidity modifier, multifunctional performance additives, corrosion inhibitors, a foam suppressor and a shear stable viscosity index improver additive. It provides excellent oxidation stability, low temperature performance, excellent synchronizer performance and compatibility with yellow metals, such as bronze, brass and copper components found in manual transaxles and transmissions." This description makes Synchromesh suitable for use in some transaxles or transmissions where GL-4 gear oils are specified".

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    yeap. I use pennzoil synchromesh (yellow bottle)
    I had to go to 3 different stores to get just the 3 quarts. Pepboys sucks.

Looks like almost everyone whos done the 5-speed swap uses synchromesh, including the fastest most powerful 8G on the site.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ht=synchromesh

My local Advance Autos actually only had 3 quarts left so I lucked out. Although I wish I just went with Synchromesh from the beginning.

Oh ok, I must've been thinkn of the GL-5. I knew I heard some1 say sumthn, but didnt remember what...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast