The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Showing results 401 to 420 of 1389
    Jigz, it looks awesome man. It needz more magnaflow in the back
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thanks bro! I'm thinking more of flat black Vibrant.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

that works too
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

So, launched the Galant for the first time last night. All I know is that this thing needs solid mounts. Launched it at 3k, it was a little wet and it wheel hopped like no other. Torque steer is insane. I've never felt the torque like that when it was auto. Given, it was kinda wet last night. Any suggestions? I know of Deyeme mounts, but are there any other alternatives?

Also, bday is coming up, I dont have a job anymore due to school, so I am looking forward to that bday money to get some spacers and maybe a larger diameter axle-back.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH Trans just went. On the hunt for a new trans now.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    already?!?

Yeah the noisy ISB finally took a dump and took the Input shaft seal with it. So much for not worrying about it. So pissed. As soon as I took her out today, I knew something was wrong when the clutch didnt engage at the normal engage point. Imma pull parts off this weekend and assess the damage. I hope I can re-use the clutch, I dont have enough money to buy a new one along with a new trans.

Experienced TGC Member
    This really sucks to hear man. I posted in your WTB thread as the local yard here has just added an 03 GS that I can check out this weekend hopefully.

This is the main reason why I am doing a full rebuild/refresh on my 5-spd before it gets going. Depending on how bad that damage is on your trans, it might be possible to rebuild...but if that input has any damage then its pretty much done for w/o a new one.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Yeah, I figured Im just going to replace the trans, I'm not adequate enough to rebuild this trans, and I cant imagine paying the bill for something like that. I will keep it though and most likely rebuild it for the future. I'm just glad I didn't grenade it. I still moved it into its resting spot in the garage and all the gears are still engaging. It's just pissing fluid everywhere and is fucking loud as hell now. Like pots banging and clanking together.

A little update on the cars condition as of right now.

Pulled the trans saturday morning and inspected the Input shaft. The bearing definitely let go. The Input shaft snout/cover was sheared and metal fragments were found in the bellhousing. Input shaft play in EVERY direction possible. left-right, up-down, and in-out. spins okay and goes into gear properly. I'm going to keep it and most likely rebuild it for the future.

Got a trans from a salvage yard in Texas out of a 2002 Stratus SE Coupe with 85k for $480 shipped at my door. I'm pretty anxious and will be a wreck til it comes in and I get my car back on the road. I'm missing it horribly.

On a good note, 15mm spacers came in on Friday, so expect the galant to be flush as soon as she is back on her feet. Most likely going to do some fender work to the back sometime in the next few days while she is in the air.

The clutch is also still good to go. It's wasn't wet or anything so I'm going to re-use it.

I got a gift from the Brown Santa last friday but since the cars been down I havent really tried them out. I got curious today after school and installed the 15mm spacers in the back. I am more than happy with the results. These pics are NOT at the coilovers full compression. This is not the height it sits at once the car is level on the ground. Needless to say it is going to look pretty baller once the car is on the ground with the front spacers installed.

Going to fold the fender lips as soon as I get the transmission situated. This pretty much made my depressing week. I can't wait 'til I get her on the ground.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Looks really good, but looks like the fenders need some real massaging.

4g64T 5spd

^^ serious lol, you dump that car youll have that quarter pannel cutting up your tires like hot knife on butter lol.

looks sick tho, roll that lip and get on that! lol

yeah I am definitely going to do some fender work. most likely going to cut and fold the lips.

UPDATE:

I called the yard I bought the new trans from today to confim if the transmission has been shipped or not just to find out that they had dropped it from their shelves when they were getting it ready for shipping. So I asked them to send me my money back. I'm very FRUSTRATED. This just ruined my otherwise awesome day.

Looks like the Galant will be on jack stands for a couple more weeks.

they dropped it off the shelf and didn't call you to tell you?!?

When I called today he told me he was just about to call me. I've already found a couple of transmissions on car-part.com. But I still have to wait for my money to come back.

ugh so lame. Freakin junkyards piss me off. It took the junkyard that I ordered my intermediate axle shaft from a LONG time to give me my refund (they overcharged me)

Got my money back this past thursday. Found one for $550 in WI with 69K from a 2003 Stratus Coupe and they are sending it to me free of shipping. If everything planned goes through, the G should be back on the road by Sunday next week!!!

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast