The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 1389
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    yeah. We'll see when I get another beater.
    It would look dope, I'm just curious, because I know CF is not nearly as flexible as ABS, how would you bend it to fit our bumpers? I was planning on making a CF lip of my own at one point, but then realized the amount of damage I would receive driving on Oregon's roads.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Honestly, if I went CF I would have a professional body shop put it on and modify it to fit. Bodywork and paint ain't my thing. I'll do everything under the hood and under the car but I dont trust myself with bodywork.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

A little update.

I'm back to hunting for a trans. Too bad I missed out on the 375 deal, but I had to help my parents send money to the P.I. for my grandmas funeral. I'll get my money back once the wire transfer that fell through is reverted back to my dads account. But once again I will start making phone calls and looking for the right trans to get my swap done by march.

I was looking at some pics, and I saw Denvers clutch line set-up and thought it was pretty baller. But we'll see, Denver is sending me an OEM line so we'll see. I also found quite the deal on clutch pedal, master, slave, shifter, cabels, etc. for 325 on club3G but still gotta see if the guy still has it.

Well, figured I'd fill you guys in but its been pretty hard on everyone around here this past week and the car was pretty much the last thing on my mind.

Also, I'm pretty sure the auto just lost overdrive cuz its fucking loud when cruising on the highway and the trans is hesitating to shift once passed 65 mph on the higway. and the check engine light is on... woot.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nice project man! Hope you finish it soon!
    '99 SuperSaloon 110% Stock... Yet...

ok, so still trying to hunt a trans dwon, this shit is getting old. lol. I'm taking my time just because I'm looking for a deal. if anybody knows of a trans being sold for less than 400 bucks please let me know!

a little update

this is how she sat a week ago. Black fenders, etc.

this is how she sat yesterday

needs a wetsand, some clear, polish, and possibly a buff.

5-speed news: I should get the clutch/brake pedal and the shifter by the end of this coming week or beginning of the next. I also have a bag of bolts for the shifter.

so the parts list right now:

2G ACT flywheel
    2G Centerforce clutch
    3G brake pedal (in transit)
    3G clutch pedal (in transit)
    3G shifter (in transit)
    bag o' bolts lol

so if I understand correctly I need
    trans, TOB, shifter cables, master cylinder, slave cylinder, misc. wiring, washers, u-clip, and starter.

if I'm missing anything please chime in.

wanna paint my bumper?

hahaha work looks good man

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    wanna paint my bumper?

hahaha work looks good man
    thanks bro. lol I'll paint your bumper. But it'll have to be in the summer.

Proto
    I want some close ups of the fenders Jigz ;) Also don't forget the master to slave line.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I want some close ups of the fenders Jigz ;) Also don't forget the master to slave line.
    got that covered. I will get close-ups when I get her cleared and polished bro!!! trust me I want to do a photoshoot so bad. lol

UPDATE UPDATE!

So I have in my possession:

Centerforce Clutch (2G)
    ACT Streetlite Flywheel (2G)
    shifter assembly
    pedals
    bag o' bolts
    clutch master
    slave

in transit:

TOB
    axle seals
    shifter cables

still needed:

Trans. LOL
    master to slave line
    misc. fittings
    2G starter
    2G flywheel bolts
    2G clutch bolts
    washers
    misc. wiring
    misc. fluids
    shift boot
    shift knob

I've spent $490 so far. Still shopping for a trans and trying to stay within budget. $1000.
    I'm pretty sure that's all I need. So wish me luck.

good luck bro. good luck.

Getting closer bro. GL

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Thanks guys!!

I actually got a little excited and bored today. lol. So the clutch/brake pedals and the clutch master are already on the car.

so I have an automatic Galant with a clutch pedal. It's ok though since I barely drive it anyway.

anyone know of a cheap trans let me know!!!!

I actually got a little excited and bored today. lol. So the clutch/brake pedals and the clutch master are already on the car.

so I have an automatic Galant with a clutch pedal. It's ok though since I barely drive it anyway.
    Lol its ok. I road around like that for 2 months lol.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01 View Post
    Lol its ok. I road around like that for 2 months lol.
    haha. I bet having to pull the shift lock by hand everytime you drove got annoying. lol

haha. I bet having to pull the shift lock by hand everytime you drove got annoying. lol
    Nope. Just bend the cable back and call it a day lol. Seriously just pull it and bend it.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

installed the clutch and brake pedals.

the brake pedal took me about 10 minutes once I got the seat out of the way, and the clutch pedal took about an hour. Woulda taken less than 30 mins if I could find the right bolts for the master.

Master cylinder installed but still plugged.

haha I got excited. Shifter cables should come in this week. Havent shopped for anything else cuz of the accident with the Lancer. 5-speed shopping progress will continue next week.

I got the master from Rockauto.com and got the pedals from mko.

Im kidnapping you when i do mine lol

Did someone look into the 98-02 Mirage and 03 Lancer transmissions. They have the same engine orientation, but just smaller engines 1.8L and 2.0L. Some Lancers are O.Z edition and they came with the 2.4L, I think
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast