The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 1389
    I believe the Mirage transmissions have different bellhousings than the 4G64/63 bellhousings.

cuz on the Mirage forums when they swap the 4G93 for the 4G64 they always have to replace the trans with either a 8G/3G automatic or a 3G manual.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

wtf. I keep double posting!!!!!

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I got the shifter cables today.

So all I have left to get besides the actual trans lol is flywheel bolts, clutch fluid reservoir, lines and fittings, and 2G starter.

I'm going to go hunt for a trans at the local pick-n-pull on the 13th.

If the flywheel is not too bad and can still be resurfaced, I might ditch the 2G flywheel and go with the 3G one. that way I wont need a new starter or flywheel bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I'm going to go hunt for a trans at the local pick-n-pull on the 13th.

If the flywheel is not too bad and can still be resurfaced, I might ditch the 2G flywheel and go with the 3G one. that way I wont need a new starter or flywheel bolts.
    its totally easier the 3 g way but the 2 g has cheaper clutch kits. a lame as trade off. glad to see you still are going 5 spd ^.^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    its totally easier the 3 g way but the 2 g has cheaper clutch kits. a lame as trade off. glad to see you still are going 5 spd ^.^
    yup its 5-speed or bust for me this season. lol

the 2G clutch still work with the 3G flywheel, so I'm still going to be using the 2G Centerforce clutch.

Yeah but you will have to get a new starter. Like $35 tho not too bad.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

nah, you only have to replace the starter if you use a 2G flywheel, but if you retain the 3G flywheel and use the 2G clutch you wont have to.

Denver had that set-up on his black I4.

Good looking car, first time ive looked at thise thread. Keep up the good work.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    Good looking car, first time ive looked at thise thread. Keep up the good work.
    thanks dude. I fucking love this car!

fucking A!

just called pick-n-pull and it looks like I wont be doing the swap anytime soon.

this is getting frustrating

turns out they dont have any Eclipse newer than 1994. and no Stratus' newer than 98.

Son of a Fucking bitch!

well, trying to get the car aesthetically ready for Normal atleast.

got the door filled, so no more dings, came out pretty good.

wetsanded.

tomorrow, wetsand both fenders and throw on another coat of paint, hopefully I can clear it.

how the car sits as of right now

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    pretty good work their cant wait for u to do the swap
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    pretty good work their cant wait for u to do the swap
    thanks man. I can't wait for the swap either. I'm putting it off for a little bit still deciding if I should get an LSD and I got an idea I got from a friend that would make this swap epic.

Looking good so far! Nice progress.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Painted. Color and clear. Going to wetsand and polish tomorrow if I get to it.
    came out decent. considering it's rattlecan I think it looks spectacular. spent less than $100

going to wetsand the orange peel for a smooth gloss.

question, once I wetsand the clear with 2000 grit, should I lay another layer of clear or just go straight to polishing it?

slight setback:

I wetsanded the orange peel and as I was laying the next coat of clear, I didn't relize the temperature was under 60*.

its now back to a smooth wetsanded surface. we're supposed to have 60+ weather tomorrow so I will lay another couple coats of color and a couple coats of clear depending on humidity.

What I got done today.

I'm kind of disappointed in how it came out. As I was laying the clear down, a gust of wind blew into the 12" gap between my garage door and the ground and blew dust onto the surface. Didn't realize it until it was all dry.

Another thing, the bondo looked and felt smooth before laying the paint down. The same when it came to the flat color coat and while wetsanding but once the clear dried there is some mildly noticeable imperfections.

Last but not least, there is slight color mismatch. Once again, was not apparent until the clear was dry.

Tomorrow's agenda is another crack at clear wetsanding and polishing/buffing.

I guess it'll do until I get her painted for a color change.

Although, I will put it out there that this is the first time I've ever done any major body work. So I guess its not bad, I'll take it as a learning experience and keep practicing on smaller things. Also thinking about taking a body shop course during this coming fall.

Jiggz, I gotta give you mad props. Body work is a PITA and although it may not be 100% perfect, remember you are a novice, using basic materials. I think the shit looks HOTT and would definitely come to you for help on any DIY paint/body work

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Jiggz, I gotta give you mad props. Body work is a PITA and although it may not be 100% perfect, remember you are a novice, using basic materials. I think the shit looks HOTT and would definitely come to you for help on any DIY paint/body work
    thanks Jon!

Well, hopefully after I wetsand it and poilish it it evens the color out a little better.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast