The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Showing results 961 to 980 of 1389
    Fap x 3!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

OMG they look tough
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Thanks guys! Some recent pictures.

I'm finally proud to show the engine bay off!

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Finally got the stupid exhaust fixed. Chopped the can off and welded on a 2.5" to 4" tip making the exhaust a 2.5" straight TBE. no resonators, no mufflers, no cats, no bullshit.

Love the sound it makes when it starts up.

Excuse the iphone quality videos. Was too lazy to mount and upload gopro footage.

Cold start

http://youtu.be/quojsL3ESbY

Free rev to 3.5k once it was warmed up

http://youtu.be/o_O0rvxLRtk

Cruising with my buddys 240. Tries to do a flyby at about 11psi at half throttle but thee wind kinda ruined it. Doesnt do it justice, my buddy too it off of his iphone5 then sent it to my iphone4. The sound is a little distorted. Going to take a flyby video with the go pro once the rain goes away.

http://youtu.be/NIHtmPN37ww

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

tone is nice, a little loud for my taste but I guess you don't DD her so it's not a big deal. Love the way it looks
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

it's really not that loud. 60mph in 5th gear and you barely hear it in the cabin. It's louder from outside than anything. It's totally daily driveable for me but then again, I grew up around loud exhausts and such.

I feel ya, I guess the video doesn't translate it that well. shoot any flames yet? :D
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Yeah I can't wait to get the go pro on it. I popped flame from time to time with the muffler I have yet to see it out of this setup.

Oh man I can only imagine what this sounds like outside of the car. It sounds damn good to me. I know I've listened to videos after you text them to someone and it just doesnt sound the same. Sounds DD'able to me. My current setup is too quiet for me and there is only one resonator -___-. this sounds a peep louder than mine
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Yeah I can't wait to get the go pro on it. I popped flame from time to time with the muffler I have yet to see it out of this setup.
    Flames. Umm. Did you at one point retard timing to be able to do that. Or it just does it.

Careful if you did not mess with timing. Flames mean unburn fuel and it pops at the tip of the muffler. Meaning to much fuel going in the cylinder.

Flames makes the car mean. Lol. Looks good keep it up.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

My past tune, the flames popped but they weren't huge flames only happened after a good pull and I let of at redline.

The new tune is a little more aggressive. Devin had to pull a little bit of timing in The low end to battle the knock. After 2k its all good though. Pulls awesome and its at 100 mph before you know it. Though, once I put some 100 octane in it it should run a little better. The car doesn't like pump gas =/

^ i see. nice. Knock!! double check fuel before pulling timing. Make sure is on point at a given rpm. tooooo much fuel or to lean will also cause knock. pump gas should be fine as long you fine tune the fuel mixture. evos are managing to put out 400+WHP on pump gas off course with a smooth tune. keep up the good work, i like what i see.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks. Yeah I go back the 18th so we can tweak it some more on the dyno.

Hey Davey!!

Well folks, unfortunately BabyG's run for this season may have come to an end. A few buddies and I went to Byron dragway in byron, IL this past weekend and sadly the diff took a dump. I manage to make 3 passes but only one was a solid run.

First pass, first run of the day on the track so the strip was a little cold. Has the tires at 40 psi and no burnout. I pull up to the line and hit the pre-stage lights, pull up some more, and I trip the second set of staging bulbs. I bring the revs up to about 3.2K and as the amber went out I dump the clutch. Spin MASSIVELY through first, misshift into second (stupid Ralco) and SPIN some more once I got it into gear. Go into third I finally catch some traction and she's moving. I let off a little before the flag and manged to pull a 16.11 @ 96.7 mph. I saw the trapspeed and knew she had 13's in her.

Seond pass. Pissed off about the first pass, I hotlap it back to the staging lanes and calm myself. I pull up to the tree and stage. Ambers went out and I baby it out, hit 3k in first gear, mashed it and spun all the way through, slam it into 2nd, still spinning, hit third and I am finally getting some grip. I went through the gates at 96.6 MPH and clocked a 14.6 1/4 mile and a pathetic 2.5" 60'.

At this point, I know I can break into the 13's if I get the holeshot down.

Third pass, I pull up to the line, left lane this time. Staged, ambers and I BLANK! Got the revs up to about 3.5k, I panic and I DUMP the clutch. SPIN THE SHIT out of first gear and slam second. I am in a Panic, second gear is just as useless and is now bouncing off the rev limiter. I shift into third and miss it! All i can think off is you stupid mutherf****** piece of crap short throw shifter! I get it into gear and just drive down the track. I am not even going to mention the time because I didnt even bother to try and pick it up after that.

At this point I know I have to let her cool down for a few minutes. Parked it, popped the hood, and grabbed something to eat. Talking with a few of my buddies, we decide maybe we should drop the tire pressure and heat the tires up in the box. Now I am thinking to myself, I dont think the axles will be able to handle the rubber in the burnout box. I proceeded to drop the pressure to 30 psi and get my ass to the staging lanes. I pull up to the burn out box and my heart is PALPUTATING!!!! Nervous as all hell. I rev it up to about 2.5k and I dump the clutch. Spun it and slowly let off as I got out of the water and the steering wheel jerks to the right. Weird. I pull up to stage and as I slipped the clutch the steering wheel is violently going left and right. so I let off and pull off to the side of the track. As i pull it back into the staging lanes I noticed dripping from under the car. That cant be good. I immediately pop the hood and saw that the motor was okay and its not the motor leaking. It was gear lube. I look under the car and there it is. The axle straigh sheared the splines off and is now stuck in the trans. Great.

5 hours later we finally got the truck and dolly so we can tow her back to the shop. We left her there for the night and prayed to the LORD that all it needs is an axle.

Got into work this morning and got a phone call from my buddies girlfriend saying the axle is in and I can pick it up. Skipped lunch at work so I can get out early to pick up the new axle. bring it back to the shop and get BabyG up on a lift as soon as I could.

We got the splines out by pushing it through from the other side and got her back together. I re-aligned it and took her out for a drive. As I was turning the wheel the steering wheel was making the same jerking motion it was doing when the axle broke and especially on turns.

Put it back up on the lift and spund the driver wheel. The first thing I noticed was the passenger wheel was going the same direction as the drivers wheel meaning the diff was locked. No good. Open diff. I kept spinning it until they completely stopped and became hard to turn. Diff is toast.

At the moment, I am evaluating what I NEED to do and WANT to do. I just recently bought a home so the Galant was going to take a backseat anyhow but I wanted to be able to drive it. Guess not.

I am at the point of either parting the turbo set-up out and leave her with no powertrain until I can figure out how to fund the build and drop a 63T in it and go standalone when I bring her back. OR gobble up as much sidework and extra cash to put another WEAK ASS trans in it.

LSD would be astronomically out of the budget. I would love to just order a Quaiffe and call it a day but I have other priorities in front of the car. BabyG is the most IMPORTANT but not the first priority. Especially with a home and wanting to start a family.

I havent been this upset in a LONG time. I feel like my beloved pet was just diagnosed with an uncurable disease.

I have the diff in the blown trans at my parents house so I might pull that out and drop it into the trans in the car. I am just not sure if there is any other damage besides the diff in the current trans.

Well, enough of my rambling. I'll figure something out and once that happens I will update you all. Thank you Galant family. I might be gone for a while, but know that, when I come back whether its with a new trans, or a completely new build I will be back with a vengeance!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I got excited for a moment reading about the drag strip, but its a sad day in the Galant world :(

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Damn that really there's like 3 trans in my area only if you was close

«Carlos»

Damn, that's an unfortunate turn of events. Cruel Summer won't be the same without BabyG.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Sucks to hear this. Since you have that extra differential laying around, I would just pick a day and throw it in. Worst case scenario is that you spend a few hours doing that and still have a trans problem, but it doesn't cost anything other than gear oil and rtv.

Hang in there Jigz!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Sorry to hear about this... But come back bigger and better! Your car has become an inspiration for mine... Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    -Andrew

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast