The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1389
    Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    wow. can't believe i never seen this thread before til now. had to read the whole thing post for post.

Subscribe! Very nice work so far man.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

I know I promised DSLR pics but my dad kidnapped my camera for a trip.

Anyway, I am going to share a few instagram pictures then. If you're friends with me on FB or instagram most likely you have seen these.

The car is done besides a tune on the dyno, I had scheduled to start it early June but a flywheel mishap made me push it back a week. Basically I bought a lightweight flywheel that was SUPPOSEDLY for a 2G GST but after some research I found out that it was the wrong part number and it was infact a flywheel for a 2G GSX. Car wouldnt start unless you had the clutch pedal down. After speaking to some of our turbo gurus (stewi, goosey, and underated) I pulled the motor and MADE sure the thrust bearings were installed. They were, so I put the motor back together and got back to work. Made an exhaust completely from scratch from the downpipe back, full 3" with two small resonators running under the rear axle. I used ISIS blast pipes for the tip.

This is basically the engine bays final look. I tucked the harness pretty good but all the vacuum lines cluttered it up anyway so I said fuck it. Haha.

I have changed the catch can hoses to bigger hoses since.

I also made a battery tray/mount for my MINI Battery in the trunk

In within a week I was able to pull the motor, get the stock flywheel resurfaced, and put it back together and start it.

Heres the first time she fired without needing to hold the clutch down

http://youtu.be/CE6ROadmVKg

Sounded pretty healthy but the FPR was at 80 psi and it wont idle like it should. So I did some digging. First, I found the root cause of the high fuel pressure is the ginormous Walbro 450. Duh. So after some research on evoM and club3g I found that the return elbow on the fuel pump carrier is too small for the ginormous fuel pump. So I drilled it out, after drilling it out base fuel pressure was still at about 65 psi, so I kept diggin. Next I found that the AEM FPR I got came with "orifices" that changed the fuel pressure, I didnt see them in the box when I got them so I drilled the orifice that was in the car and I got it to about 48 psi. I called it good thinking thats the best I could do with a Wally 450.

So I drove her around for a bit. And found that sometimes she'd die after clutching in. So I started digging again. Apparently I needed a stiffer spring for the Tial Q because it idle it would stay open. I'm SD so this shouldnt have mattered but whatever. I threw the 19 in/hg spring in the BOV and voila no more stalling.

With no time to waste I sent her to paint!

During BabyG's time in paint I spent my days cleaning the garage, spending time with my wife, hanging out with my friends, and helping them with their builds, basically the things I couldnt do because I was slaving away on this bad bitch.

As I was, hillbillying it up in the garage, I got this on a text message from my painter.

Woo Woo!!!!

Couple days have passed, and I got really bored. So I put some tires on my old wheels and did this to my daily

But anyways, thats for a different thread.

Couple more days went by and I got these text messages from my painter

BTW, thats the hood I destroyed last year.

I bring her back to the house and sat and stare for a bit.

I immediately put the EGR visor back on, As excited as I was to put that back on I managed not to take a picture. So I sat and stared some more.

Then I made a short walk around of the paint. Dont worry about the rattle its a loose washer on one of the bolts for the exhaust hanger by the axle I believe bolt was too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NxMESktgck

Originally I wanted to rock the Zenki Aero and I could NOT find one for sale that wasnt already called for. So I rocked the VR4 grille.

ANNDD THENNN G-spot hooked it up. A Nifty-R grille for the price of shipping! What an awesome dude. I got my painter to paint it and BAM!! on the car before I even leave his house.

That was today. BTW remember the orifice from earlier in this post? Well, heres an update.

I found the orifices in my toolbox. Dont ask me how they got there but they were in there. So I throw the biggest orifice in figuring if its too big and the pressure is low I can always adjust up. I throw that motherf++ker in and yay the fuel pressure is at 40 psi, close enough to 38 psi. Thats with the vacuum line on. I fix a quick wiring issue with my IAT sensor and drive the car. Car is driving fine AFRs are decent, around 13.9 to 15.5 cruising with a couple lean stumbles and around 12.5 at idle sometimes will go up to 15 or dipp down to 11. I look at the FPR and it say 20 psi at idle, I adjust the screw and the needle wont move. It was fine yesterday. So either its the gauge or the FPR itself. But nonetheless Im going to get an Aeromotive and throw this piece of shit AEM out.

To cool my frustrations I had to do something with the car, I wanted to check the base pressure with the vacuum line off but by the time I got back home from my buddies birthday it was 10:00 and this bitch is LOUD so I figure I put the old lady's bucket seat in

That was my old "Repcaro", I got an actual Recaro so I put the "repcaro" on the passenger side. The drivers seatbelt locked up from the crash so I have no choice but run my harness. I still need a harness bar so I left the passenger side seatbelt for my old lady for the time being.

Well, that was lengthy. The tune at Boostin' performance is on the 12th. I have about 126 miles on the motor so I've gotta drive this thing. Going to see what the fuel pressure is with the vac off tomorrow and if its still on its menstrual cycle Im tossing it and getting an aeromotive. haha
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Looks awesome Jigz! I didn't know you repainted the entire car!

Looks damn good

Omg I wanna lick your car. It looks so good dude. Oh and I can't believe that's the same hood o_O
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Dude, soo sexy. I'm sporting a huge wood right now!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

It looks and sounds great. Im loving the exhaust it gives it that JDM flavor, where under the car did you divide pipes and did you custom make your own divider or you got a pre-fabbed one?

I had the same problem with motor stalling out when I pressed the clutch in, I wasn't so lucky though my thrust washer got eaten up from the start and the motor seized eventually.

I only have 3 critiques for ya, don't take it the wrong way cuz I love your build but a couple things I would've done different. Wastgates don't like moisture so I would cover up the dump with a cup or something if you park your car outside over night or if its raining and #2 is the harness, theres a guide line on installing those shoulder straps and if you got it new its probably in the literature but basically if the downward angle of the straps is any more then 20 degrees from the horizontal plane it could injure your spine in an accident. Its worth getting another stock seatbelt if its not in that 0-20 degree window if your gonna being doing a lot of driving, and I know you will lol. #3 is I personaly would never attach my self to any harness bar, I had one and only used it to mount a camera. Are they crash tested?? Ive seen pictures of them fold up from side impacts!! People do it all the time but I just feel like the stock system is safer then a harness bar.

Awesome car bro hopefully theres some track videos in its future!!

Also I apologize before hand for assuming that you might not know the guidlines for harness installs. I might be telling you stuff you already know and sounding like a know it all on my part which isnt my intention.

Yo, this is fucking amazing! I mean damn, you went and repainted after you already had a paint job before! Such dedication man, it's heartwarming to see someone so dedicated to his car, considering how bad it looked after the wreck and how brand new it looks now. And it's gonna have speed to back up the looks.

I love it! I gotta get on IG just to get the updates as soon as they come.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Dude! I'm excited! As far as the harness bar, i agree.... Why don't you mount your belts to the rear belt oem location? Just a thought
    like this
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...34%3B640%3B480

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-29-2014 at 04:00 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I think that's where he did mount them, atleast that's what it looked like in the picture.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Bryant, I know I hate the way I have them mounted. After reading your comment, I actually moved it and mounted it to the rear deck lid. so its actually straight to the horizontal plane now. Ill have to take pics tomorrow.

As far as the wastegate, the car NEVER sits outside overnight or in the rain. So it shouldnt be an issue. I also have a few buddies with DD evos with hood dumps that havent had issues but I do plan on covering it up on the rare occassion I leave it outside.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Unfortunately, I had a bit of an incident with the hood flying up and shattering the windshield today so Ill have to get the windshieed and hood fixed. Beauty of fiberglas is cut out the bad and layer in some good. I forgot to put the pins back in after working on it this morning, really fucking mad at my dumbass.

Hey it happens to the best of us.

Its always the little things we over look. At least that was the worst of it. Glad to hear your OK.

roof ok?

galant is badass mate, well done. engine bay is tidy but i think its beggin for a facelift vr4 grill or the pointy vogue one. reall aggresive

Roof is fine besides for a small ding that PDR will be able to take care of

Got pics of the damage?

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast