The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 1389
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks good, IMO I think lightly tinting the windows would compliment your theme, and a set of some 3G/4G Eclipse wheels would look even better. I like your tails too but how come you didnt mask off the clear part? That wouldve looked sick too.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks man. I'm still contemplating tints cuz of IL's bullshit $250 fines for having front tints. I don't want to have incomplete tints. Maybe I'll say fuck it when I get my license back. About the clear part on the tails, I just like the fact that people wont notice right away that they are JDM's until I turn them on that's all. Most people think the signals will blink like stock tails until I turn the signals on. The same with the brake lights. Just something I think personally is cool.

As for the wheels, I'm going to attempt a low offset set-up.

16x8 MB competition with a +25 offset in gunmetal.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Thanks man. I'm still contemplating tints cuz of IL's bullshit $250 fines for having front tints. I don't want to have incomplete tints. Maybe I'll say fuck it when I get my license back. About the clear part on the tails, I just like the fact that people wont notice right away that they are JDM's until I turn them on that's all. Most people think the signals will blink like stock tails until I turn the signals on. The same with the brake lights. Just something I think personally is cool.

As for the wheels, I'm going to attempt a low offset set-up.

16x8 MB competition with a +25 offset in gunmetal.

Yeah they have the same issue out here in Cali, but *knock on wood* I havent had any issues. As long as its light tint, you should be ok. Thats cool, I see what u mean about the tails. Those wheels look nice, not too flashy but smooth and simple.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

yup. I can't wait to finally get them with some meaty tires. Maybe I'll get featured on hella flush if I pull it off properly.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Lol! Thats wzup.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

So I know you all are wondering, "wait, I thought Jigz would be swapped by now?" Well, here's my parts list.
    Clutch/brake pedals - installed
    Clutch Master Cylinder - installed
    Shifter Cables - Check
    Shifter - Check
    Clutch - 2G Centerforce/ACT 2100 - Check
    Flywheel - 2G ACT Streetlite
    Clutch Slave Cylinder - Check
    OEM Mitsu Throw out bearing - Check

All I have left are lines/fittings, flywheel/clutch bolts, 2G starter, trans mount and the trans itself. Two things are stopping me from it, Money (All my friends are home from school I'm having trouble keeping my money in my pocket. I'm going out too much. I also have a girlfriend that I spoil very much. lol ), and the motivation to go transmission hunting. I'll end up having it shipped from somewhere when I can finally afford it. Also, still contemplating on an LSD.

Here are some pics of parts chillin' in my room

This is how the Galant is going to be for a while. I got some vacations I gotta pay for. But I'm not gonna lie, I am very satisfied on how she is running and how she looks at the moment.

Me likey.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

nice
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I want!!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AUTHE...Q5fAccessories

but can't afford it. =(

too bad it only comes in +30 and 16x7 for 5x114.3
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 06-30-2009 at 05:14 PM

U might be able t o make those fit tho...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

allow be to be the first to say DO NOT PRESS THE CLUTCH PEDAL when it doesnt have fluids in there and fully hooked up to the tranny. the seals are dry and will crack and leak and when you fill it up your pedal wont have that pedal feel and wont actuate the fork. i was tempted and pressed the shit out of it and I had to get a new one when I completed the swap.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    U might be able t o make those fit tho...
    they'll fit but won't have the stance I want.

and yeah Marc, thanks for the heads up. I'll prolly need a new one too. =/

Gah!!!! WTF?? How the hell did my A'pexi N1 possibly rust? Seriously, Rust is my worst enemy. I hate it!!!!

I'm going to see if the left muffler of the G35X will fit. Make it a little quieter too.

That sucks, that's the exhaust system i have on my Eclipse and ive not had any problems with rust. It even has some scrapes/dent in th bottom because of how low it sits near the back and its not got a rust spot on it. I actually just cleaned it up the other day to get all the dirt off of it.
    Sorry to hear this. Im getting ready to go back to stock until i can afford borla. The apexi is just too loud inside the car for me. I have the cat back Apexi N1 for the 2G system on my eclipse
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

You have to routinely clean off the dirt & crap even more so then I would since you deal with snow & salt. Thats what did u in...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

yeah I'm just going to weld on a temporary muffler for now, 'til I can afford The A'pexi WS with custom piping.

You should get those BBS's anyways dude, I can get you a set of 225/50R16 Direzza's for DIRT cheap right now if you like.

I would, but have no money for them at the moment. I gotta pay for two vacations in the next month.

replaced the now garbage A'pexi N1 with a Ractive and got it installed today. It's kinda raspy up top but I don't mind. It sounds better in person and its much quieter than before at cruising speeds. it doesnt get loud til about 4k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BNClbOUilU

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast