The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1389
    The rod bolts were tight. I just pulled the rod and piston out and the rod definitely did not move. Btw I didn't mean to sound defensive I'm just explaining my point.

Jared, unfortunately since I'm not behind the computer during the pulls I only know what I'm told so whether it had detected knock or not I wouldn't known.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I won't hold it against u, we've always been cool. So injectors checked out. How about the injector clip?? Or back to your theory of the piston cracking from the last incident and went undetected.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I've seen that happen on evos pistons and blocks alike.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Looks like knock and heat to me, a byproduct of pushing it too far too early in the tuning process. 26 pounds on the third pull? Sheesh. Pistons don't just melt and your egts would've been crazy with such little timing at high rpm. If you didn't see the damage from the pistons hitting the head the chances of a crack are nonexistent, forged pistons are extremely ductile and unless the damage were visible and tangible they would be fine. That said if you ignored visible damage well then none of those should be a surprise.

I honestly don't know what happened all I know is I gotta fix it and try again.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I'm sure you'll get it all sorted eventually
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Little update. Some shitty pics but atleast there are pics. Were getting close. compression test came out good. The front end is starting to get crowded with all the "coolers". New wheels and fatter rubber as well.

Nice progress. Stayed 17x9???

Thanks! Yeah the new set up is a 17x9 +35 up front and +27 effectively in the rear. The tires are 255/40/17. I think I need to run a 10mm spacer and extended lug studs because the front may need some camber and with the tire size right now there is no way it'll clear the coilover

Damn 255!!

Yea i bet. 255. Sticky tires??? Someone not gonna let the road slip... lol

Im kinda torn between the Federal 595 RSR (Good reviews on evom and NASIOC, $40 bucks cheaper than the other tires), Hankook Ventus RS3, and the Dunlop Direzza ZII Star specs. All in 255/40/17

Direzza noooo. they are hard. U will have to run them at low psi. I really dont recommend. Dunlop fuck up on those tires when they replace the dunlop fm901.(i wish dunlop never discounted them). Personal experience. Federal i seen alot on srt4 and subbies.

hmmm... all the people i know who autox and roadrace swear by them. Thats something to think about. Im thinking hard about the Federals because of the price and the good reviews.

The Federals I am thinking about are the 595 RSR not the 595 SS. Two COMPLETELY different tires.

Oh ok. Maybe the compound does well on those tracks. I had them for streets/dragtrack. I guess it all comes down to what u really gonna put the use for.
    streets i will do federal. Never played with hankook and dont really care for them.

the hankooks are pretty good with road racers and autoxers as well. which is why im torn. Hankooks are cheaper than the dunlops and the federals are cheaper than the hankooks

Star Specs are FAR from home at the drag strip but at the road course there an awesome tire for intermediate drivers. Not to mention there low cost at around $180 for a 255/40/17 tire is a huge bargain for the road course guys plus there great in the rain and they last a long time. I have around 16 track days last year and Im pretty sure they'll give me another 16 the way they look. I also had a set of used Z1's Star Specs the year before and they lasted me the whole season too,,, great tire in my opinion.

Ive also heard good things about RS-3's but never real heard anyone talk about Federals around the paddock. What ever you get just make sure they do good in the rain because once you get into this level of tire the wet traction gets kinda sketchy even in run around town speeds.

From my experience with the Hankook RS-3's is that they're a good handling tire on the road course with good characteristics during street use. On the drag strip they aren't worth squat. As far as rain goes, I've avoided driving the car in the rain for the 2 years I've had the RS-3's except for one occasion on my way to a weekend at the track where I encountered about 90 minutes of torrential downpour and their performance was "acceptable" but not very exciting.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

yea down pours are tuff on any tire but more tricky on a low tread wear tire. It shouldnt be a deal breaker since everyone has different driving habits but for me its a plus if it does have good grip in the rain, I mean at least to an extent cause there eventually gonna lose grip in the wet but the question is at what limit.

sorry jigz don't mean to turn this into a tire thread,,,,,

what oil cooler are you running? Looks good peeking through the fog light cover and Im glad to see you stepped up to a full rad!

Jigz, why not wait for Bridgestone's new RE71?

Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast