The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Baby G ~ 2000 Galant ES I4

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Showing results 161 to 180 of 1389
    it should be bolt-on but the Intake manifold will probably have to be ported.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    is it bigger then the outlanders TB?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    I wouldn't know. but good question.
    It is the same size, V6 and Outlanders TB are both the same.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

How she sits. dropping the auto out tonight. Braving the cold. lol

I took the dash out thinkin I could lift up on the heater core. I saw it, and said, FUCK THAT! lol.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well atleast you are getting the swap done man, your car will feel like a totally different machine when it's done.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

where'd u get that grill?

reppin hard! it will be worth the blood sweat and tears!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by jonry View Post
    where'd u get that grill?
    My boy Jon (CHICAGO_ONE) made it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    reppin hard! it will be worth the blood sweat and tears!
    OH YEAH!! Im really effin excited. lol

Tear down officially ended today.
    -I got the auto cables out and got the manual cables in (What a bitch that was).
    -Got the whole trans out of the car. Went pretty smoothly. My buddy Tim thought I died under the car when it dropped. That auto did NOT want to part with the motor.
    -Put the dash and console back together. no way I'm keeping it taken apart longer than I need to.
    -Got the flexplate out
    -Transferred all of the roller brackets on the manual as well as the studs for the mount.

Some issues I ran into

-The shifter cable plate bolts were a bitch to remove. Just take your time and be patient. I ended up using the swivel ratcheting wrench. Once I got my hands in the little space and got the wrench on the bolt just take your time and it'll come off. My hands hurt after but I got it out.
    -Installing them is also almost as big of a PITA if you are doing it alone. I had my buddy line the cable out from the engine bay (once the trans was out) so I can put the right side bolt in. I put the left side bolt in from the opposite side just so the plate isnt sitting floppy
    -The bellhousing bolts are 14mm. I used a 15mm the whole time until I got to one of the bolts in the bay and the 14mm worked better since I couldnt get the 3/8" ratchet in there and had to use the 1/4"
    -With the flexplate and flywheel, when I was doing my research, 4G63mighty max said he re-used his flexplate botls for the flywheel but when I took the flexplate off, the bolts were in no way being able to be used on the flywheel. Maybe it's cuz I have an 02 motor but I now need the flywheel bolts for the 5-speed. I'll order it at the dealer since thats my only option. I also need bolts for the pressure plate.

Here is the issue with the bolts

Front of flywheel

back of flywheel.

Now, you can see once the two adapters are installed, there is no way those bolts are
    going to work for the flywheel

So I need the flywheel bolts and (dont hate) but I managed to forget I needed the mount for the manual. lol. So I should get paid tomorrow and order the mount from rockauto and order the bolts from the dealer. I am now just waiting on the select lever from Stewi and I should be able to put the manual in, hook up the lines and cables, put the axles and the suspension back together, and fill her up with gearlube, some DOT3 brake fluid, bleed the clutch system and adjust the pedal.

Some pics from tonight

Heavy as shit, removing that cow should give me atleast 10 whp. lmao.

The manual after I stole parts off of the automatic.

torque converter and the auto shifter. The converter was one of the culprits for the shitty drivetrain loss the galant have that thing is fucking heavy as hell.

Looks like it was 5-speed from the factory in the interior now. :)
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 11-13-2009 at 02:55 AM

jigz gettin down that trans lol

dude put that boot on and im gettin you that purple dildo shift knob for christmas and you better use it lol
    Last edited by GmoEm2; 11-13-2009 at 02:45 AM Reason: sorry try number 2 to post a pic lol

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Yeah they kinda are, yours is truly the only good looking one i have seen, its so smooth and subtle. It doesnt scream "hey race me" it whispers "go ahead"

Quote Originally Posted by GmoEm2 View Post

jigz gettin down that trans lol

dude put that boot on and im gettin you that purple dildo shift knob for christmas and you better use it lol
    the boot dont fit right and FUCK YOU lol I am not using that dildo knob you crackhead!!! lol. I'm just going to pick up the gunmetal Type R knob and boot from One6. Or maybe I should grab the leather Razo? hmmm.

BTW, I put the airbag back in, you can sit shotgun again. lol

dude im tellin you crown royal bag and purple dildo shift knob shits gonna be baller lol

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

Yeah they kinda are, yours is truly the only good looking one i have seen, its so smooth and subtle. It doesnt scream "hey race me" it whispers "go ahead"

how about no? You can use it on Coco if you like it so much. lol

naw dude its your christmas gift lol side note i can only post every 45 seconds lol thats funny

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

No.

you have no say in your christmas gift you get it pretend you like it and appease me lol

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

No.

SI!!!!! lol

TGC WI/IL chyea boi!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Dude....I totally spaced the flywheel bolt issue! Marc and I ha the same fn problem when we put his on too. We had to find some bolts about 3/8"-1/2" longer just to get it to thread on and be secured

You made good progress though man

www.blackheartmotors.net

Did you guys just go to a parts store and got longer bolts or did you go to the dealer? Cuz, it will probably be cheaper at a parts store if I could do that you know?

edit: and you wouldn't happen to know the size and thread pitch would ya?
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 11-13-2009 at 09:56 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Did you guys just go to a parts store and got longer bolts or did you go to the dealer? Cuz, it will probably be cheaper at a parts store if I could do that you know?

edit: and you wouldn't happen to know the size and thread pitch would ya?
    We went to a hardware store I believe, otherwise pulled them from the bolts bin here at the shop. I had to use a grinder on the end of the bolt because they were about 1/8" too long. I dont know off my head what the size/pitch was. We just took on of the stock bolts to the store and had them matched up with just a difference in length.

www.blackheartmotors.net

thanks Matt!

Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast