The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Im thinking about....

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Im thinking about....

Ive been thinking, since ive started my tubo build and have to buy bigger injectors soon anyways, what and if anything would i gain by putting them on the 4g64? I was also thinking about getting a aem fuel rail, the stuff that im thinking about putting on the motor now are things that i will most likely buy in the near future anyways and just have them sitting around.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Nothing, the injectors would have to be tuned in to run on that setup. Also a 4g63 fuel rail has 3 mounting points as opposed to the 2 on the 4g64 sohc fuel rail.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Ive been thinking, since ive started my tubo build and have to buy bigger injectors soon anyways, what and if anything would i gain by putting them on the 4g64? I was also thinking about getting a aem fuel rail, the stuff that im thinking about putting on the motor now are things that i will most likely buy in the near future anyways and just have them sitting around.
    Unless you're a crab, stop doing things backwards. Gather all your parts first and then begin.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Unless you're a crab, stop doing things backwards. Gather all your parts first and then begin.
    It was just an idea because im ordering my injectors this week and was thinking about trying them out. Oh well

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

there is really no point of trying them out unless you are extremely bored outta your mind. I have 3k turbo paets that was in my trunk for the longest time and I finally got me a storage space to store it there along with other stuff. Collect all your turbo parts like ray said and do it all at once.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    Nothing, the injectors would have to be tuned in to run on that setup. Also a 4g63 fuel rail has 3 mounting points as opposed to the 2 on the 4g64 sohc fuel rail.
    Thats right! And the 4g64 fuel rail sprays in the manifold, and the DOHC fuel rail sprays straight in the head
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread