The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • K-sport

12 32.43%
  • Tein

8 21.62%
  • D2

10 27.03%
  • Megan Racing

7 18.92%

Thread: Coilovers, I need your opinions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 47
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    thank you. Which teins are you running, not the basics correct?
    tein ss-p

Guys running coilovers on your 8G's, what spring rates are you running? And how is the ride/handling compromise with those spring rates?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I love the ride on my d2's. I autocross as well, so the adjsutability is key. I plan to get my car cornerweighted in the spring to maximize their handling potential.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by keta11 View Post
    ^x5 ftw. what kind of d2's do you have on your car?
    d2 runs about same price range as ksport, around 900 shipped,

megans on mine and i think they are great on a daily.....thashiznith has ksports as well
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

FORTUNE COILOVERS
    I am getting a set they will be here next month.

Fortune 500 SeriesĀ©
    Coilover Specs

Half the price of most high end coilovers.
    1 year Manufacturer's Warranty
    40-way adjustable dampers
    50mm piston (way beyond the industry standard of 44-47mm.
    Anodized aluminum camber plates on front
    Custom spring rates for an additional $100
    Height adjustment independent of preload to allow for a extremely low ride height without sacrificing suspension travel.
    Fully anodized body

MSRP $$ 1075.00

Fortune "VIP" SeriesĀ©

Coilover Specs

Half the price of most high end coilovers.
    1 year Manufacturer's Warranty
    40-way adjustable dampers
    50mm piston (way beyond the industry standard of 44-47mm
    Anodized aluminum camber plates on front
    Height adjustment independent of preload to allow for a extremely low ride height without sacrificing suspension travel.
    Fully anodized body
    Custom chrome finish on our "VIP" Series
    Your choice of drift, street or track spec valving on "VIP" Series
    Your choice of custom spring rates from 2k to 18k

MSRP $$ 1175.00

http://www.fortune-auto.net/

I am rocking the Tein SS-P's on mine but I can honestly say the ride is STIFF.

I don't mind it, but only thing I could complain about is that the spring rates are so far from each other. The rears are 6k and the fronts are 10k. If I could find a spring that would fit over the Tein strut that has a spring rate of 8-9k I'd be happy. I'm going to try to retorfit the Stance spring into my Teins with maybe a helper spring. That should help a little bit.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

The K-sports are brand new, the guy bought them for his 3G, but ended up selling it and buying an evo 8, so the coilovers are in his garage for cheap. That's the story anyways, I'm gonna go look at them tommorow and see if he's telling the truth.
    If they are indeed new I think that settles it. For $450 its a STEAL. Thats less than HALF of their new selling price. BUY THEM if they are new.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    If they are indeed new I think that settles it. For $450 its a STEAL. Thats less than HALF of their new selling price. BUY THEM if they are new.
    Just went and looked at them, they are indeed new, but apparantly manufactured with defects, shock body has cracks on 2 of them, and the springs look almost crooked, now I know why they are so cheap, glad I went and looked at them.

Anyways, now that there is no bias in price, I'm gonna go with a set of D2 or K-sport. Should I just contact each company to find what spring rates would be best for an I4 daily driver, or do you guys have any suggestions on other things to do?

I would suggest there standard offering. You aren't racing the vehicle or autocrossing (at least I don't think so) so there really isn't a need to get any special spring rate.

I would suggest there standard offering. You aren't racing the vehicle or autocrossing (at least I don't think so) so there really isn't a need to get any special spring rate.
    Ok, sounds good, and if I do decide to try autocrossing, I can always get a different set of springs. That settles it, I'm going for the first set of D2 or K-sport that I can find 900 shipped or less. Anyone know a good place, I really don't want to buy from ebay. Oh, and thank you all for the advice and information, it's been very helpful.

This online site is selling them for $910 shipped. I'm also interested of getting a set. Let me know how it goes when you call them up. http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/D2-M11
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

I'm going with the D2s, I decided. Ordering them tonight.

RobG
    Trust me you won't regret the D2's. I love them

I'm going with the D2s, I decided. Ordering them tonight.
    So where are you gonna order it? Lmk if you find somewhere cheaper.
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Quote Originally Posted by Galante View Post
    So where are you gonna order it? Lmk if you find somewhere cheaper.
    The site you gave me, I've scanned the net, the only other place for that price was ebay, but I'd rather not buy through them. I emailed them about spring rates, I'll let you know what they say.

D2 ftw.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You know I was thinking it might be worth it to find out how much to replace the one damaged K-sport coilover. It may still yet be worth it to buy that set and replace the cracked unit.

If you are going to daily drive it and not compete in auto x or time attack or anything I suggest for the front, 9k and 6-7k in the back
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You know I was thinking it might be worth it to find out how much to replace the one damaged K-sport coilover. It may still yet be worth it to buy that set and replace the cracked unit.
    There is more than one cracked shock body, and the springs look like crap, you can tell it wasn't used before, 2 other shocks have hairline cracks, I don't know what the deal was. When I talked to the guy he was like, oh, yeah, great shape, no problems. When I pointed out all the defects he said, and I quote, "I was waiting for some beaner to come buy these for cheap." I damn near cussed him out because it's not right to sell something that's defective like that to anyone, no matter if they rice their cars or not. It's just dangerous. I offered him 100 for all of them, he said no, but said he'd call me back. Once the people reply to my spring rate question on the D2's, I'm gonna order them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast