The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Carbon Fiber Interior

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 126
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    now this is the talk of laziness, if you are going all out then do it right or dont it, that what i always believed

good work so far i wish i have a garage so i can learn how to do stuff like this

good luck
    i was trying to give it a handle look without wrapping all the cf into it. instead of a garage you COULD piss off who you live with because of the smell. thats what i do :p

thanks for the good word though, i wont be able to do MUCH work with all this cold weather, i need to find another way because my mom is getting pissed haha

Starting to look really good, keep practicing. And as the guys said dont settle for second best.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Looks good.. I've been looking for a cf arm rest for a long time...

so i heard :D

You got a pm.

well before i go to work, have something to enjoy!

Last edited by 99 galant; 12-11-2008 at 12:19 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    they are undone right?

I don't think he finished them yet
    Last edited by spdracr; 12-12-2008 at 12:38 AM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Banned
    attention Cali: report to thread! help this guy out.
    Last edited by platano; 12-11-2008 at 02:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    ^ thanks

kinda choppy cut around the handle, but it was a learning lesson for next time. I didnt have the resin far enough into the handle hole before i started cutting. this project was TOO fast but im just getting the practice in before I get the items from some of you
    Not bad, I agree with Iced, I'd definitely take the glove box apart when doing this. And when done, you might want to trim the glove box handle with some chrome molding or something to one, make it more aesthetically pleasing, and to cover up and problem areas in wrapping under the handle. But keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    they are undone right?
    yeah i need to trim the top of the glove box and do another layer or two before i sand it smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    dude what the fuck are you talking about? have you tried CF before? i know by posting im going to get haters but atleast give something helpful. fucking waste of a post.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Not bad, I agree with Iced, I'd definitely take the glove box apart when doing this. And when done, you might want to trim the glove box handle with some chrome molding or something to one, make it more aesthetically pleasing, and to cover up and problem areas in wrapping under the handle. But keep it up.
    yeah like i had posted before, the handle i cut too soon and didnt have enough of the resin on it to make a clean cut

Gj dude, definitely a good project, you've definitely got some initiative and patience :)

lookin good

Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    It is different when you can vacuum bag form CF parts or have someone who has worked with CF for years. It is NOT easy to work with. It is a HECK OF A LOT harder than fiberglass. Mainly because if you make even the smallest error you can unweave a large piece of carbon fiber. It is incredibly delicate stuff before it is coated with resin, and it unravels so easily it is unreal.

Try it sometime, until tell, you really can't expect that a build thread show perfect pictures can you? It is a work in progress (much like your primered G am I right?). Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Gj dude, definitely a good project, you've definitely got some initiative and patience :)
    didnt have any patience when i first started, just look at the first pics. when i saw that so many people wanted to see more CF parts, that made me want to start again. Not to make money, although it would be nice, but i have gotten so much help from others that i wanted to find something to give that help back.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    lookin good
    thanks man, just waiting on more CF to come in

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    It is different when you can vacuum bag form CF parts or have someone who has worked with CF for years. It is NOT easy to work with. It is a HECK OF A LOT harder than fiberglass. Mainly because if you make even the smallest error you can unweave a large piece of carbon fiber. It is incredibly delicate stuff before it is coated with resin, and it unravels so easily it is unreal.

Try it sometime, until tell, you really can't expect that a build thread show perfect pictures can you? It is a work in progress (much like your primered G am I right?). Be patient.
    thanks Dave, Ill take the critism from you because you usually help me find another way to do something, otherwise just a comment like his is really unnecessary

Top piece is whats left of what i have been using
    Bottom piece is the new 2x2 that i bought

Just about finished with the arm rest. Still a little dull so i need to get a different clearn coat.

Just waiting on my dad to get his dremels out for me. Going to chop and clean this one up right. I bought a dremel kit but returned it because he said he has like 3 or 4

Worked on both the Ash Try and the Shifter Bezel. Dont mind the dirty floor, hasnt been warm enough to clean it yet.

heres the new stuff ill be using. small pattern.

Started redoing the vents. I need my dads dremel to do these right this time.

Its a work in progress, but as long as the weather stays warm and dry, I can work on everything outside and then put it on my balcony to dry.

damn.. when you do the glove box you can leave a little extra to get rid of the gap most of us have lol.. looks good i would not have the pacients to do this.. u can pratice on my car if u want.. :-)
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i vote you get rid of that damn wood next..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Right now I am trying fg.. it's drying.. and you are right about that shit smelling up the house.. I have 4 fans on in my room.. lol

are you using resin or epoxy? i see some yellowing.....
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast