The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Not sure what to do

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Not sure what to do

i know i haven't been on the forum for along time and i haven't done that much to the galant due to getting the supra. but i have to make a decision on the car keep it, and mess with it a little or sell it. the problem i have with the car is im not sure how to get it tuned. ive heard alot about reflashing it but ive heard u cant tune that in boost unless u have the evo ecu. so i was thinking about using the super afc, but im not sure how that works on the galant here are pics of how it sits i would really like input.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    damn your body work looks beautiful, nice rims too

thanxs

ill post up pics to show yall how the supra is going. the motor(2jzgte was an nat before) has a 5 angle valve job, gt35, 550cc injectors, haltec standalone, the rims are 18x8.5 in the front 18x9.5 in the rear. im hoping for 500whp on pump 600+ on meth. with the na-t it was making 350whp on a t-61. these pics where right after it got out of the paint shop.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the s-afc isnt that great to tune with...a much better option would be the maft gen 2...or something along those lines...somewhat similar in ease of use as the safc but a lot more thorough....what year is your car, only 01-03 ecus are flashable, if you can it would definately be a good idea to have it flashed in addition to whatever else you plan on using to tune it with...as far as other methods of tuning there are a lot of options but it would be a good idea after you install whichever device you choose to take it and have it tuned profesionally

supra looks clean, very nice

i would keep them both... and use the galant as your daily... go crazy on the supra
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

yay, another supra/galant owner.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i have 4 cars but this is the dd

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    i would keep them both... and use the galant as your daily... go crazy on the supra

i have a 2000. can i use the maft gen 2 with the reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    the s-afc isnt that great to tune with...a much better option would be the maft gen 2...or something along those lines...somewhat similar in ease of use as the safc but a lot more thorough....what year is your car, only 01-03 ecus are flashable, if you can it would definately be a good idea to have it flashed in addition to whatever else you plan on using to tune it with...as far as other methods of tuning there are a lot of options but it would be a good idea after you install whichever device you choose to take it and have it tuned profesionally

supra looks clean, very nice

if you decided not to keep the galant you can feel free to part out the turbo kit to me ^.^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    dibs on wheels! hahaha

i sell you the turbo kit for 1500 but i need ur headers and oil pan

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    if you decided not to keep the galant you can feel free to part out the turbo kit to me ^.^