The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 18x8.5 with +38 offset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    yeah it looks mean but it sticks out about a millimeter or so... but other than that two-thumbs up

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

thanks man

same offset as mine but i have nineteens, i got 225's so you shouldnt have a problem
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Looks good to me.

some pictures... and a problem.....

before
    after

and the problem.... im getting a noise from what Im pretty sure is the left front wheel. I checked all four tires and they arent rubbing anywhere. The noise is pretty loud im thinking a bearing but it wasnt this loud when I had my other wheels on there. Could the new wheels be amplifying the bearing noise? There is hardly any vibration and to get just a little vibration you have to have it at about 60+. Im running 18's that are 8.5 width and 38 offset. 225/40/18 tires. Progress lowering springs with gr2s and I have a v6. any ideas?

MAKE SURE THE LUGNUTS ARE TORQUED DOWN PROPERLY!!!!!

mine made loud sounds before it flew off!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i checked once.. and checked again.. and once again after that. all wheels are on tight

might be just cuz the hweels are bigger and since they are sticking out you're just hearing them rotate? so its not a clicking sound then? lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

It almost sounds like a rubbing but i checked nothing is rubbing. it sounds like a wheel bearing to me just its super loud. I thought maybe cuz the rims were bigger and the tire smaller I might just be able to hear the noise more clearly. there was like a similar noise i knew was a wheel bearing but it was maybe 1/4 as loud

apparently from what im reading from searching its maybe just a crappy tire.... Id hate to replace the tires and find out its something else..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    put the front to the rear and rear to the front. follow the sound. lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    make sure that the wheels are supposed to rotate in the correct direction.

the right front and rear left need to be switched in order to be rotating the way the arrow points... I just went with the labels the guy had saying lr lf rr rf but he obviously didnt have em right. another thing is the tire pressure was 25 front and 30 rear so im gonna put it at 33 all around and keep you guys posted! I also jacked the car up and spun the wheel to see if there was any noise or vibration but nothing too noticeable. So im going to pressure the tires correctly and switch the two that need to be switched and hopefully have a fix

Good luck, for future reference make sure you read up a lil bit. Putting on the tires in the wrong direction is dangerous, especially with regards to weather conditions. Hope it's an easy fix....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

well i bought the rims with tires on the and the guy told me they are labeled to where they go so i assumed he had it right but yea im going to fix that right away

it was actually the rear wheels that were spinning the wrong way but yea they guy I got em from called me back and said that the tires were noisy on his car too because he had a front suspension issue causing them to wear funny. Im sure the tire pressure didnt help. So the tires are gonna be replaced in a couple weeks. im just glad to know its nothing to do with my car. But I did at least put the tires in the rear the right way

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    some pictures... and a problem.....

before
    after

and the problem.... im getting a noise from what Im pretty sure is the left front wheel. I checked all four tires and they arent rubbing anywhere. The noise is pretty loud im thinking a bearing but it wasnt this loud when I had my other wheels on there. Could the new wheels be amplifying the bearing noise? There is hardly any vibration and to get just a little vibration you have to have it at about 60+. Im running 18's that are 8.5 width and 38 offset. 225/40/18 tires. Progress lowering springs with gr2s and I have a v6. any ideas?
    Trav,

Look at the left front tire, I'm willing to bet it has minor cupping or feathering. (Read: Uneven tire wear). And thats your issue, especially if there was no problems with your other tires and wheels on.

And when you need tires, ask me, its my business, I'll provide a good deal.

thanks man. what price could you get me for 2 falken 912s

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    thanks man. what price could you get me for 2 falken 912s
    I'll check the details tomorrow.

thanks man I really appreciate it !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12