The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhuast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

exhuast

im thinking of changing my exhaust.im looking in getting an apexi, megan racing, tanabe,and one more but i cant think of it right now.im leaning towards a tanabe but not sure.does anyone have any suggestions?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Depends on the look and sound you are going for. What are you running right now?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

lol some generic exhaust that was made in the philippines.i might make a exhaust clip of it and put it on here sometime. i actually like the sound of it but it looks like a larger spoon looking exhaust.but yea thats what i have. i what it to have a can but with a deepish clean tone to it.that is way i am leaning towards the tanabe.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Tanabe is loud unless you get the oval mufflers. I'm going to get my full exhaust set-up after the five-speed at one 6 and I'm going to run a straight 2.5" with a 2-foot resonator going under the axle. I might throw in either a magna flow muffler then a custom tip, or I might run the A'pexi WS muffler.

If you remember how my car sounded when I revved it, thats not the sound I want. lol it gets pitchy in the higher rpms. ew.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ooo....well i have heard a couple cars with the tanabe and they sound clean with a deep tone to it,but they were not on a galant so that effects it a lot.well i dont know what to get but i wont stress on this too much since i dont really have the money right now.i made this thread so i can get an idea on what good exhausts that are out there, when i do decide to get my exhaust.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Greddy exhaust FTW, or get a muffler shop exhaust and pick a muffler that gives it the sound you like best.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

www.VRSexhaust.com

get a full 2g eclipse catback. I'd just get aluminized, do you really think you'll have this car another 10 years?

take it to the muffler shop and have them put it on. they'll extend the pipe a couple inches, probably charge you 30 bucks for the whole thing.

All the 2g guys will agree that the vrs sounds amazing.

And i out of personal expierience.... have to agree.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i wish i would have this for another 10 years because i love it now but too much to fix and not worth it.

do you have a clip on how this exhaust sounds?i bet you are right on how it sounds but i would just want to hear how it sounds.

but this will be at the top of list on exhausts once i get the money.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    stunr dont u think it wood b a good idea 2 pay another 40 bucks and get the stainless? iI might buy one of these exhaists myself just debating wut to do wit the project power wise 2 decide on 2 1/4 0r 2 1/2 piping
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Stainless Steel gives you that aftermarket look that many inspection stations do not like /at least here in PA or NJ/. I still regret getting full SS exhaust, and not the VRexhaust with some magnaflow mufflers, cuz you can use some high temp paint and make it look pretty stealthy. I may sell it and get the aluminumized piping some day
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

If you plan on going with forced induction later down the line than go ahead and grab the 2.5." SS is up to you,. If you live in conditions where aluminum may not suffice for your planned length of ownership than go for SS instead. Up to you really.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    yea im in ct aluminum might last a couple winters but only a matter of time b4 fading i have 2 1/4 ss piping now wit a flowmaster on it but looking 4 that little bit more
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

this is my ractive muffler with a 2.5 foot resonator

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I'll see if I can post a clip of mine...I am running full 2.5", no resonators and a Remus muffler. The muffler sounds great....low deep tone, barely noticeable at idle. On the throttle it can be pretty loud. But it is top top quality

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Proto
    Used to be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    this is my ractive muffler with a 2.5 foot resonator

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Here is mine. Though I have a turbo setup so the exhaust sound will sound different on a turbo car.

I have a Blitz Nur Spec muffler with a full 3 inch catback. My downpipe is a Megan SS but the rest of the catback is high grade aluminum mandrel bent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2N7nHVxLYA

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    alright, i'll probably be making some videos after seeing your two that i've seen today kev.

thanks a lot for the replies guys.....with all of these different exhuasts its going to be hard to chose which one i want.....ah!!!!!

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Here is a clip of my exhaust from over a year ago on the Cherahola skyway when Seth and I were in the Black GS.
    http://www.sethmophoto.com/DealsGap/John%20Takeoff.wmv
    I'm running very very rich in these vids. I was also still MAS and recirculated.... before standalone.

Here is a long video of what it sounds like inside the car
    Its from Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon.

http://www.sethmophoto.com/DealsGap/...ight%20run.wmv
    probably want to right click, save as... its about 25 minutes long.

I hope you appreciate my one hand driving skills lol. That was on my old transmission where my 2nd gear would pop out on its own.

mind you, this is with a 3" mandrel bent vrs piping kit, a megan muffler, and a 36" long magnaflow 7" straight through muffler(as a resonator)
    Last edited by DOHCstunr; 09-24-2008 at 10:07 PM

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

dam that sounds really nice..and this was with a megan racing muffler?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast