The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhuast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    yes. A straight through muffler is nothing more than a resonator thats polished with a nice tip.
    some have more fiberglass in them than others but no matter what they'll all wear out and get louder over time.

The megan muffler was the exact look I wanted for my car, and it wasn't expensive. Its a replica of the HKS dragger 2 or something i can't remember. Was the first thing I ever bought that was megan, and it was back when no one really knew about them. Now that make some pretty solid quality knock off shit.
    but truth be told, its all in the piping.

Oh, one thing i failed to mention, my entire exhaust is suspended with polyurethane hangers. Has a nice effect on dampening the vibrations that cause raspiness. Also keeps your exhaust from swinging around when you hit the curves, or bumps.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

o ok cool.thanks a lot.so pretty much in reality,the exhaust itself doesnt make the noise but pretty much look as the piping makes the noise? and im guessing different exhaust do make different noises but not major. well this is still going to be hard on which exhuast i want.but im glad there is a lot to choose from....

but i want to try out the tanabe exhuast since i dont think anyone put it on a galant yet. but still not sure...

AHHHH!!!!too many to choose from...

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

the key is to have no exhaust leaks whatsoever. from there it boils down to nice thick piping, and smooth bends.

I loved the way my exhaust sounded without that monster resonator. was badass!!!!!!!
    but on the highway it would drone.... and that humming, plus driving a car with a race suspension..... in a straight line for an hour, would hum me to sleep.
    so i got the resonator to put that into check.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

alright cool cool.i guess me having no money at the moment, will give me enough time to think about what to use for piping,hangers,and what exhuast to use(tanabe maybe??since no one does done that that i know of).also im running with no resonators also.
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 09-25-2008 at 08:13 AM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

I like my exhaust quiet. So I can sneak up on people. Becuase I'm ninja like that.

unfortunately it has really bad lifter tick and its louder than the exhaust...
    141,000 miles.

6 dents.

Yellowed, cloudy headlights.

spraypaint on the door panels.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Here is a clip of my exhaust from over a year ago on the Cherahola skyway when Seth and I were in the Black GS.
    http://www.sethmophoto.com/DealsGap/John%20Takeoff.wmv
    I'm running very very rich in these vids. I was also still MAS and recirculated.... before standalone.

Here is a long video of what it sounds like inside the car
    Its from Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon.

http://www.sethmophoto.com/DealsGap/...ight%20run.wmv
    probably want to right click, save as... its about 25 minutes long.

I hope you appreciate my one hand driving skills lol. That was on my old transmission where my 2nd gear would pop out on its own.

mind you, this is with a 3" mandrel bent vrs piping kit, a megan muffler, and a 36" long magnaflow 7" straight through muffler(as a resonator)

hmmm, there is something wrong with the deal's gap link. only shows like a minute of footage.
    the vid is like 25 minuts long.
    SETH!!!!!! fix it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Finally! I finally went and did a short sound cilp of my exhaust. Now I see for a fact my car is running rich! LOL ANyways, here she is...

again...2.5" piping, no resonators, Remus DTM muffler and 5speed N/A
    Last edited by evil-G-nius; 09-26-2008 at 01:39 PM

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    dont know if u chose yet but i got 2 make a vid of my exhaust.. 2 1/4 stainless catback with a flowmaster tip. i like my exhaust cuz its silent til i get on it.. sorry i only had time at night but that is my 7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY5bO0oGI4
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    dont know if u chose yet but i got 2 make a vid of my exhaust.. 2 1/4 stainless catback with a flowmaster tip. i like my exhaust cuz its silent til i get on it.. sorry i only had time at night but that is my 7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXY5bO0oGI4
    sounds pretty good.how much was the tip?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior View Post
    sounds pretty good also.what exhaust is that?

actually i think i might pick one of these up at this shop.
    http://shop.tougefactory.com/vibrant...h/g-54718.aspx

its only pretty much $120 so i wont be losing to much if im not satisfied with it.i heard sound clips and it sounds pretty good so i hope it will sound good on the 7g.
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 10-08-2008 at 06:27 PM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

the cost for just the axle back section wit the flowmaster muffler and tip was 175.. It is a 3 inch racing industries tip so it doesnt look as loud as it is ;)
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    sounds pretty good also.what exhaust is that?
    VRS 3" Turboback with cat, resonater and an oval Magnaflow Race Series muffler.

222whp/250wtq

also mine is a non turbo
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

o ok thanks for the help guys.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

no problem good luck with choosing man
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I have the megan racing cat back with no cat, Its a really deep sound under load, and very little rasp up top. The only complaint that i really have is that the can is really big.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12