The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brian's 2000 8G Galant ES 3.0 Progress Thread

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Brian's 2000 8G Galant ES 3.0 Progress Thread

Well, I don't know to many of you guys yet but I gotta begin somewhere so I am starting a project thread for my 2000 8G Galant ES. My car was stock when I bought it just a week ago and I now just finished my first project on my G; clear corners, only took me an hour and a half lol. I decided to go the route of taking the headlamps apart rather than trying to stick an object in to break off the amber pieces. This way they popped out real easy and I think the whole process is a lot cleaner and easier if you just take the lamps apart. But I'll let you be the judge ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking get, excellent first mod, easy and free. Sticking an object through only takes about 5 minutes per side, and you don't have to take the lights apart and reseal them. I did it with a bent butter knife with no problems. Any other plans for your ride?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Yea, I'm planning on doing as many mods as I can afford. Next one is intake and underdrive pulley and I'll build from there. Just gotta take it one step at a time. What kinda mods have you done to your ride besides the corners and fogs? I posted a pic of my cc with blue bulbs just to see what it looked like. To bad they are illegal in CA for street use lol.

My car's my daily driver now that my Supra is my project, so it's not heavily modified like some of the cars here. My build thread is here, all my mods are listed.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ghlight=Greddy

its amazing how much better it looks without such a simple thing! glad to hear your progress is underway. just don't rush it. do what you can and take pride in it. before you know it, you'll be looking back in this thread saying damn I can't believe how far she's come.

good look and look forward to the progress in the future. you've come to the right place. lots of great info here and people to learn from!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

lol i just realized that in your pics you have no grill and no heads lol.

you can also black your heads out and put switchback leds in the corners

both Greddy and i have it done here is what the leds look like. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31952

I wouldn't suggest switchbacks unless you have plans for HIDs in the very near future. I love my switchbacks, but when I had stock heads, it just really made my heads look like ass.

Depending on your styling tho, blackout out heads would look good.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

yep, switchback are the shit, but make sure you get HID's, had to send mine back cuz I swapped headlights to JDM, so I had to get different HID bulbs.

I'll look into that when I buy my hids. Thanks for the tips!

Just finished installing my intake today. It makes by engine bay look so much better.

and sound better lol