The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removing the back speakers?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Removing the back speakers?

does anyone kno how to remove the back speakers, ive tried but i cant seem to get em out

1999 8G Sittin On 18's
    East Coast Duece!

remove the seats, side pillars, window brake-light, lift the dash. Have fun
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 09-25-2008 at 03:09 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    yeah that's one of the biggest pain in the ass about our car. It's not difficult just tedious.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

ive been trying to remove the seats for so long, how do i get to it?

1999 8G Sittin On 18's
    East Coast Duece!

To take the bottom section of the seat, look at the bottom part of the seat where it meets the carpet, thiers 2 tabs on each side which you pull and seats come out. Then for top part seats thiers 4 12mm screws which you remove and push up which unhook the seat. Then you can remove the deck lid and have access to your speakers. I can take my seats out within 5 mins, its vary easy after your 1st time around.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

its a headache. good luck

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

If you're still having trouble with the seats, after take off the 4 bolts you have to lift the seat UP, the OUT. Let us know if u have any more trouble.

i wonder what the record time is to fully take out the seats and put them back in... haha i think, only THINK, i can do it all in under 4 mins. Both take out and put back in.

Quote Originally Posted by racesnos View Post
    i wonder what the record time is to fully take out the seats and put them back in... haha i think, only THINK, i can do it all in under 4 mins. Both take out and put back in.
    No way u suck, ur slow as a turtle!!! LOL j/k!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Jeez, I've done that a million times..

just got done finishing installed all new speakers, pain in the asssssssssss!

1999 8G Sittin On 18's
    East Coast Duece!

^lol
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Man Ivory, i bet i could whip your little Bachelor-Pad-Ass in taking out and putting in those seats. We should have a trial run at the next meet lol