The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stupid Question

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    GalantGirl

Stupid Question

Hi Everyone! So here is my stupid question for the day.....

I have an 8th Generation Mitsubishi, and I wanted to know if there are any modification that are relativley cheap to do. Of course I want to buy a body kit here in the new future...but $$ is tight right now.

I know this board gives alot of good advice!! Thanks for reading!!!

Welcome to TGC!. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. There are several free mods you can do to give your car a little more punch. Right off the bat, there's the BYO intake mod, the throttle cable adjustment and the throttle coolant bypass. All of those are in the tutorial section I think. You can add a muffler for about $100 installed if you go with the Bosal prosport like I have. An intake is going to run about $175-$200. An upgraded Fuel Pressure Regulator is about $150. New plugs and wires are a good inexpensive mod. Headers are a bit more expensive.

Best thing to do is look around and ask questions. We're here to help and offer advice and suggestions based on our experience. Most importantly, Have Fun!

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

GalantGirl
    Thanks for the advice.....if only I knew what that stuff meant! lol I am sure that I will learn alot from this board! I love my car, and I want it to be the best looking one in town!!! Thanks again!!

MitGalant
    Clear the Cornersss!!! well I think it looks really good.. I haven't seen any other cleared cornered galants where I live, so my g-ride stands out

Yeah clear the corners. That will improve the looks of the car alot. When I first did it I caught myself starring at my car all day. Then get a CAI then an exhaust. This will help the performance.

Jason

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Vedan
    Definatly clear the corners! Also Chip gave a bunch of good ideas. As for not knowing what they meant... hehe---On the main page there is a tutorials heading, select that and 8th Generation. Browse those mods and see what you think you can do. Good luck. Always nice to have more women.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vedan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definatly clear the corners! Â*Also Chip gave a bunch of good ideas. Â*As for not knowing what they meant... hehe---On the main page there is a tutorials heading, select that and 8th Generation. Â*Browse those mods and see what you think you can do. Â*Good luck. Â*Always nice to have more women.</div>
    Is clearing the corners...illegil? (my dad said somthing about it beinf so)

Re: Stupid Question

What are you looking to do? Performance? Appearances?

For appearances:
    clear corners
    window tint
    hiper white bulbs
    spoiler
    nightshade for the tail lights
    covers for the headlights and/or tail lights

For performance:
    Intake
    Exhaust
    upgraded spark plugs and wires

These are a few things out there that can be done relatively inexpensively. Good luck. Let us know if you have anymore questions. :thumbsup:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGirl)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hi Everyone! So here is my stupid question for the day.....

I have an 8th Generation Mitsubishi, and I wanted to know if there are any modification that are relativley cheap to do. Of course I want to buy a body kit here in the new future...but $$ is tight right now. Â*

I know this board gives alot of good advice!! Thanks for reading!!! </div>
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!

Tiller

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantUSA)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    For appearances:
    clear corners

</div>

isn't that a little counter-productive...?

Clear the corners and put some new bullbs. I have the Piaa Super Xtreme Super White's for the headlights, Nokya Artic Blue 893's for the fogs, and PolarG's for the corners.

Oh yeah and when u get a chance do the bright rewire mod for the corners.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

J. T. Z.
    Let us know what you want to acieve with you car (i.e. appearance, performance, sound system, etc.) that way we can give you some specific ideas.

BMWCore (Galantes2k)
    yeah def let us know what exactly u want, i am a cheep person myself, so i am into those cheep mods, and i have done alot of them if u want im me on aol "galantes2k" or email me [email protected] i will be glad to send pictures or whatever u want too see if this helps but u can do basically anything from painting stuff just to shavin stuff off, but its all up to your imagination

1) Clear Corners -free
    2) paint your diamonds silver - $1.50
    3) Hyper blue bulbs - $15
    4) Nozzle Leds - $9
    5) Indiglow - $40
    6) Trunk mod flip- $15
    7) decals - $5
    8 ) clear blinkers- $3
    9) a bunch of type R, or whatever badges if you feel like it !!

Yes and No. Some days you may want to drive around with clear corners and some days you may want to throw on the covers for a different look. Or you may not want to clear the corners but use the covers instead

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantUSA)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    For appearances:
    clear corners

</div>

isn't that a little counter-productive...?</div>
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!