The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00Galantguy's Progress Report

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 96

00Galantguy's Progress Report

INTERIOR PICS ON POST 12!!

New Style JDM Conversion partially painted and installed. Pics on last post!!

Alright so I have been on this site a couple months so I figure time for me to make a progress thread since my car has come a long long way!

So the story starts back in 2003. My mom wants to buy a newer nicer car than her current chrysler, and she has the intention of when I turn 16 and get my license I will be buying the car from her. So she is the typical not knowing mother and decides she wants a camry or accord. I knew this was going to be my car so I put my two sense in and told her I didn't want a camry or accord because everybody has those. She told me if I can go out and find her a better car for around the same price or less she would buy it. So I got to work. Thats when I discovered the 8g. From the first time I layed my eyes I wanted it. So I did hours of research and convinced her that this car was better and she said that was fine the only requirement was that she had a V6:smt038 .

So fast forward a couple years. I just got my license and im driving the g and I like it a lot but right now we were still sharing it which drove me crazy. So I decided to go out and look for other cars. Thats when I found my 3g eclipse gt. It was beautiful... dark blue exterior...flawless... and black leather inside with a 5 spd. I loved that car. So I bought it. Had it for about 2 weeks. I am turning left because I had a left turn arrow into walmart and..... I am struck by an audi that ran a red light. He was doing about 55 and went right into my right wheel and fender... so to say the least the car was totalled. I had 3 passengers but nobody was hurt. The driver of the other car was arrested I don't know why. But they had no insurance so our insurance only covered enough to pay off our loan. So no more eclipse. My mom asked me if I wanted to go look for another car but thats when I said I wanted the Galant. I knew it was the car for me.

So I buy the galant from her and she buys a volvo s40 1.9t . So now I discovered GF and TGC.
    Well so now that you ppl all know the history of my car. It's time to update you on the future. Here is my check list.
    Exterior
    [X] Enkei 6 spoke gunmetal Gray 18's
    [x] KYB GR2 Struts
    [X] Progress Lowering Springs
    [x]Mugen Lip(RIP)
    [ ]New Style Grille
    [ ]JDM Headlights
    [x]2nd gen jdm tails
    [x]De-badged
    [] New Style JDM Side Skirts Purchased
    [] New Style JDM Rear Bumper Purchased
    [] New Style JDM Underspoilers Purchased
    [x] JDM Visor
    [] 6000k HIDs

Interior
    [x]3g seats(black)
    [x] Interior Pieces Painted Black To Match
    [x] Dual 7 inch Motorized Touch Screen
    [x] Gray Leather Back Seats Dyed Black To Match
    [x] 2 Head Rest Monitors
    [x] 2 200 Watt MTX Subwoofers with 400 watt amp
    [x] 02-03 Gauge Cluster with blue lighting
    [] Door panels wrapped in black vinyl

ENGINE

5 Speed Swap
    [ ] Eclipse V6 Manual Transmission
    [] Resurfaced Factory Eclipse flywheel + bolts
    [ ] ACT 2100 Clutch kit
    [ ] Clutch master + slave cylinders
    [ ] Clutch pedal and brake pedal
    [ ] Clutch lines
    [ ] Shift Assembly
    [ ] Shift cables
    [ ] Passenger side Drive shaft
    [ ] Transmission mount
    [ ] Starter Plate
    [ ] Axle seals
    [ ] Fluids

3.5L Swap
    [] Diamante Engine 6g74
    [] 6g74 Exhaust Manifolds
    [ ] 6g74 power steering bracket
    [ ] 6g74 alternator bracket
    [] 6g74 Starter Locater Plate
    [ ] All 6g74 belts
    [ ] New gaskets
    [ ] All fluids
    [ ] New spark plugs and wires
    [ ] Vacuum hose

First thing I ever did was take my 3g seats and put them in my g.

Then after that I painted some of the interior to match the seats

After this now I decided I was tired of my hub caps falling off so it was time to get some real rims. I picked myself up a set of 16" Konigs and cleared my corners as well as removed my v6 badges

Next I decided to change my cluster lighting and went with a blue although I need to clear my needles yet

So its about june now and I dropped the front of the car since I had a hell of the time with the back and could only get the front done for now

Also threw a spoiler on there I picked up off ebay.

and now is within the last month when all the real goodies were added.. I got my rear dropped as well as kyb gr2s put on all around... 35% Window tint... and my 2nd Gen JDM tails (thanks again Galant(e) )

Then I ordered and installed my mugen lip(has yet to be color matched)

Same day I found a guy selling his old 18" Enkeis so I decided to make them mine!

The last thing I did was remove all the badging except for my mitsu symbols. and this is where she lies today....

Color Matched the mugen lip

10/05/08
    Went down to mod (mitsubishi owners day) in normal, illinois. Had my jdm grille in temporarily and it looked niiice =)
    Last edited by 00galantguy; 03-09-2009 at 06:48 PM

I still need to update the interior but I have to clean it before i take pics!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    sorry for they delay btw...the grill will definately be going out tomorrow, the check cleared a few days ago but i have been soo busy between work and everything...looking good so far though dude...only thing i suggest i to try to take the wheels and have them shave just a little off the offset so the sit inside the fenders

Well last night I got my 02-03 gauge cluster and put in my blue lights and I am pretty satisfied with the look. my camera didnt pick up the blue very well though.
    Last edited by 00galantguy; 08-20-2009 at 04:06 AM

Pretty sick man. nice job

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Looks good man. Even though the camera didn't pick up the blue the purple look is ok too. :)

How do you like the Progress springs/GR2 strut setup? I was considering getting a similar setup but with AGXs but i didnt really know how stiff i want it.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    your speedo is sick. the 3G seats look awesome. nice work so far

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506 View Post
    How do you like the Progress springs/GR2 strut setup? I was considering getting a similar setup but with AGXs but i didnt really know how stiff i want it.
    I like the setup alot. but now that I look at it I wish I would have just saved up for coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    your speedo is sick. the 3G seats look awesome. nice work so far
    Thanks man I really gotta update the interior pics!

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    I like the setup alot. but now that I look at it I wish I would have just saved up for coilovers.
    All right cool, yeah that setup sounds good, i just dont feel ill have enough for good coilovers. Any reasons why you want coilovers over what you have?

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

well the wheels I have right now are way wide -- 8.5 inches to be exact. so if i hit a fair sized bump it dont take much for it to rub. although with the agx I could also adjust the ride setting.

and what you have all been waiting for... INTERIOR PICS!!

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    well the wheels I have right now are way wide -- 8.5 inches to be exact. so if i hit a fair sized bump it dont take much for it to rub. although with the agx I could also adjust the ride setting.
    AGX doesn't set ride height, just stiffness, coilovers wouldn't be much more than a spring/AGX combo.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

ik and thats what I was after was the stiffness adjustment

Looks good, the back seat looks like some cats had their way with it. Just get some black heads and a black grill and it'll be even nicer.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow nice interior man. only down is the back seat. great work tho

yea the duplicolor stuff i used cracked. but its being redone as more of a flat black anyways the one is too glossy now. But thanks guy! Put lots of time and $$ into it.

I saw this car last week... Looks good bro! :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

haha thanks man... thank god i cant say the same bout the car in your sig... haha

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast