The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00Galantguy's Progress Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 96
    Hey you wrote me a text while I was in the blue honduh and you said "God, pete's car is sexy" hahaha ;)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

the fumes from your exhaust must have been getting to me :)

nice car bro! the jdm grill definitely looks better!!
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    the fumes from your exhaust must have been getting to me :)
    lol!

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by keta11 View Post
    nice car bro! the jdm grill definitely looks better!!

Thanks man! but since the headlight group buy failed im going to just go the route and make my own grille and black my heads

Well update. Jdm Visor installed. love it

I also cut off my muffler and am loving the sound although I have yet to weld my piping and tip on.

Also some random pics with my 6g

looks awesome Travis!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Very nice looking cars, the only thing i would change is color match the grille and trunk garnish. then take that bra off of the 6g :)
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

yea the duplicolor stuff i used cracked. but its being redone as more of a flat black anyways the one is too glossy now. But thanks guy! Put lots of time and $$ into it.
    I read that there is paint specifically for car interior like the soft stuff, like the padding on doors and seats. Vinyl paint or spray dye I believe. Could I just spray my seats with some of that in black? Would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    I read that there is paint specifically for car interior like the soft stuff, like the padding on doors and seats. Vinyl paint or spray dye I believe. Could I just spray my seats with some of that in black? Would that work?
    Vinyl Paint is what I used. and thats what cracked. take the time and do it right. Use SEM Leather Dye

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    Very nice looking cars, the only thing i would change is color match the grille and trunk garnish. then take that bra off of the 6g :)
    Thanks man. Bra is already off the 6g. And when I get jdm heads I will have my jdm grille in as well which will be color matched.

Vinyl Paint is what I used. and thats what cracked. take the time and do it right. Use SEM Leather Dye
    http://www.yourautotrim.com/semdybl.html

So is this what I want? It is just a spray can as well then? Just spray on this dye like spraypaint?

If your going for a gloss black on a leather surface then yes. And I would suggest 2-3 cans.

If your going for a gloss black on a leather surface then yes. And I would suggest 2-3 cans.
    What about just the factory upholstery? Tha stuff on stock seats and doors, IDK the name of it. Would it work on that? Or do they have spray for that material that won't crack?

You mean the leather like stuff?

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Car looks good, just need the Aero/Mesh grille, color matched. Keep up the good work. :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You mean the leather like stuff?
    No it's like soft almost like very short carpet. It's soft to the touch, like some sort of fabric that IDK how to describe. Stock door panel and seats fabric.

No it's like soft almost like very short carpet. It's soft to the touch, like some sort of fabric that IDK how to describe. Stock door panel and seats fabric.
    Suede.

Trav,

you can paint the seats (with leather and upholstery paint) and it will cover up a lot of the discoloration.

[QUOTE=RedGalant2k1;432357]Suede.QUOTE]

Thanks for the info :D

Would the dye spray work on that to make the stock rear seat black without fading/cracking?

Thanks for the info :D

Would the dye spray work on that to make the stock rear seat black without fading/cracking?
    It would work just fine, its designed to be able to flex and be stressed.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 11-04-2008 at 05:57 PM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast