The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00Galantguy's Progress Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 96
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice

Im weary about the leather/vinyl paint stuff since I used the duplicolor stuff maybe that was my problem. But I have another can so im gonna throw on a couple more coats.

Met up with pete today and yesterday. Was a good time.

WTF pete? can't park within the lines and ish?

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    Met up with pete today and yesterday. Was a good time.

Sexy cars! :D very nice

Lucky bitches. I need to get back up there again sometime soon. The cars are looking good as always.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    WTF pete? can't park within the lines and ish?
    The lines were crooked. We both parked like that... and ish. :D

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

what kind of interior paint did you use? cause I want to paint mine black too...

duplicolor vinyl paint

It would work just fine, its designed to be able to flex and be stressed.
    On the site it said it is meant to "enhance and repair faded carpet, not a drastic color change" does that mean it won't work for turning my gray back seat black? And it said it is NOT a dye... anyone had experience with the stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    On the site it said it is meant to "enhance and repair faded carpet, not a drastic color change" does that mean it won't work for turning my gray back seat black? And it said it is NOT a dye... anyone had experience with the stuff?
    I sprayed two armrests with it. One I wrapped in CF, the other is just painted black. No it isn't a dye which would be a better, though more expensive way to alter the color. It should be more than adequate for minor refinishing and light to moderate use of the seats or door panels.

So basically it's better for non-frequently touched places? Cuz I always have people in the back seat. Damn. Any back seats fit our G's?

the dye should never crack. but the paint if you use ur back seat a lot will. in fact i dont even use it that much at all and look waht happened to mine

to everyone who has asked this is what i used on my back seat

the dye should never crack. but the paint if you use ur back seat a lot will. in fact i dont even use it that much at all and look waht happened to mine
    Oh snap, I thought that was just how the seats were when you put them in. Yea, in that case I'd dye it also.

Oh snap, I thought that was just how the seats were when you put them in. Yea, in that case I'd dye it also.
    yea so i basically get to scrub off the paint and redo them with dye... learn from me and do it right the first time :)

Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    what kind of interior paint did you use? cause I want to paint mine black too...
    my bad... I used krylon fusion for plastic. First sanded them lightly... then primed. ... then painted.

yea so i basically get to scrub off the paint and redo them with dye... learn from me and do it right the first time :)
    Is there a spray-on dye? Or how would I go about dyeing the seat black?

SEM Color Coat is a spray on dye. As I have said before you will need 2-3 Cans. You first clean the surface very well.. I used soapy water and a brillo pad. Then lightly rough up the leather with a high grit sand paper. Now spray on your dye.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast