The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Jdm 2 pc headlights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    hahaha oh damn I saw this post and thought "oh what?" and you bought my headlights!!!!

here, in return, is my car with USDM headlights on. I have to get USDM headlights (side markers, corner lights and all that bullshit) so my car can pass inspection and be registered in Canada.....your lights came off a VR4 so excuse any rock chips on them they have experienced the world of 240km/h a few times before.

I miss the 2pc design it makes installing the bumper so much easier!!! Also water just GOES INTO the damned USDM headlight like no tomorrow when it rains a bit.....jeeez.
    Last edited by hk20000; 10-12-2008 at 11:23 AM

lol thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    hahaha oh damn I saw this post and thought "oh what?" and you bought my headlights!!!!

here, in return, is my car with USDM headlights on. I have to get USDM headlights (side markers, corner lights and all that bullshit) so my car can pass inspection and be registered in Canada.....your lights came off a VR4 so excuse any rock chips on them they have experienced the world of 240km/h a few times before.

I miss the 2pc design it makes installing the bumper so much easier!!! Also water just GOES INTO the damned USDM headlight like no tomorrow when it rains a bit.....jeeez.
    wanna sell that bumper???

LOL but thanks. and let me know if you ever sell that car ill come up there and buy it from you.

The headlights are in great condition. Just wish you would have left me a lil more wire one all the connectors, lol solder that stuff sucked.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 10-12-2008 at 03:41 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    Sweet, looks good. Did I see a Brandon in those pics?
    yea he was doing all my soldering while i was installing lol.

1996 galant s

soldering is the way of life!!!! LOL

my VR4 can't be sold to the US of A until it's like 25 years old. Sucks for the US if I sell it to you now your gov't will tell you to crush it like all those R34s and stuff running in US....

but it's fully legal in Canada to operate and own such vehicle. Canucks ftw.

I'll be looking into replacing that bumper with a bodykit thing from streetconcept later down the road.... I'll let you know if I want to sell this one.... the mouth for the car is not big enough for the intercooler anyway.

my VR4 can't be sold to the US of A until it's like 25 years old. Sucks for the US if I sell it to you now your gov't will tell you to crush it like all those R34s and stuff running in US....

I'll be looking into replacing that bumper with a bodykit thing from streetconcept later down the road.... I'll let you know if I want to sell this one.... the mouth for the car is not big enough for the intercooler anyway.
    You pm as soon as you want to sell it.

1996 galant s

we got bernard here in DC with a fully legal 97' vr-4. you can get it legalized but it's a pain in the dick, and will cost you.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

that's to take the car apart and rebuilt it etc etc....

I know all the stories but it's just not worth the trouble imo. probably somewhat feasible to swap over everything from a VR4 cuts container into a normal 8G Galant though.

TGC Regular
    Just swap the chassis numbers ;)

j/k... not worth it :P
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post

heheh i could do that

1996 galant s

Proto
    I'll buy it without it being legal :D

tizzight, you got a big dent in the middle of your grille whatever that thing is called, i dont know if you noticed or not.

yea that's from where the old owner used a screwdriver to remove the Mitsubishi symbol

1996 galant s

But it's etched to the firewall!

like a JDM car VIN looks like E84A-000XXXX and that's etched on the firewall itself as well as a plate that's riveted to the firewall. The Canadian registration paper also recognizes that number as the official VIN number (instead of issuing something else)

damaging that number alone warrants a long night at the police station. :smt105

TGC Regular
    You know you can cut the chassis no. off the wall and swap it with another.... it has been done before

Not recommended though.... jail time wouldn't be worth it.

ellyr17
    nice headlights! i know all jdm headlights are 1pc..the one you use is either eudm or phdm..

TGC Regular
    No, no not all JDM ones are one piece.

There are quite a few Japanese imports rolling round here with the 2pc ones, and the ones that were sold new here all had 2pc Glass headligts.... though they are probably considered world spec galants

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I'll buy it without it being legal :D
    haha he aint shittin you either

No, no not all JDM ones are one piece.

There are quite a few Japanese imports rolling round here with the 2pc ones, and the ones that were sold new here all had 2pc Glass headligts.... though they are probably considered world spec galants
    yes the glass are world spec.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Where ever they were suppose to come from i love them, makes my hid's that much better.

I also put single filament amber side maker bulbs in, they are really bright but they look really good like that. just feel bad for people that are along side of me cause they light up their cars. HEHEHEHE

1996 galant s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast