The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1998 galant 4g64 2.4 cranks but wont start

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

1998 galant 4g64 2.4 cranks but wont start

had in mechanics shop for month. was in car idleing with ac on and radio when call just shut off like i turnes the ignition off. cranks but wont start. mechanic replaced timing belt, balance shaft belt, crank position sensor, distribtor, ecu, ignition swith. no spark or pulsng to the injectors has a good power supply but no grond to injectors. checke mfi relays fuses and entire wire harness for bad shorts burt wires. checked all grounds no luck. back at my house. pulled codes and P 0335 crank position sensor a circuit malfunction comes up. reset code and no codes found. battery in good condition. what culd possibly be the cause. i dont know much about thses calls and dont have a lot of money. any help or advice would greatly be appreciated. thanks again.really enjoyed my galant ran wonderful until now .

get ur starter or altenator checked out...

you aren't going to get any ground from the injectors.

thats how the ecu opens the injectors, by grounding the circuit.
    so they are always getting power.
    have you tried just for shits and giggles switching out the ecu?

have you tried energizing the fuel pump via the fuel pump check terminal? to see if its jsut yoru fuel pump that has failed?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

alternator brand new and starter swapped ecu already i get fuel to the fuel rail alreadt checked

could the crank sensor be faulty its brand new mechanic put it on how can i check

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by minionseals View Post
    could the crank sensor be faulty its brand new mechanic put it on how can i check
    If i remember correctly the TRUE way to check a crank sensor is with an oscilliscope (sp?)... It sounds like you have a bad crank sensor though. Mine went out and i had no spark or fuel but the car turned over just fine. There is a fuel pump check wire on the wiring harness thats mounted on the fire wall. Its one wire with a black pig tail. I believe mine was under all of the vacuum solenoids mounted on the firewall. I believe in order to check it you just have to turn a wire from that wire to the positive on the battery and if u hear the fuel pump cut on then its working.*edit* Just thinking.. Ok.. WHen i rebuilt my motor i put the crank sensor trigger plate on backwards. I can almost GURANTEE you that is what your mechanic did and thats why your shit isnt working. SO make him check that and you be there to check it. It will be REALLY obvious when you look at it because youll see the outline from the balance shaft gear which is behind the timing gear.
    Last edited by Shadow19; 09-28-2008 at 03:14 PM

good luck man... Whas this an actuall repair shop you had all this work done at? If so i would make them figure it out.. Where was the work done? sounds like you have had alot of work done.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

mechanic shop in town how do i pull the crank pully off with out it spining on me the pully has no holes to pry something in to keep from spinning . i dont want to mess any thing up. how do i get to the cps the easiest way?

its a brand new cps he put on because the balance belt broke and cut into it he replaced all that

its back at my house

cant get the crank pulley off it keeps spinning and i have no holes in it to pry something in to keep it from turning? trying to pull off the timing cover myself to check the sensor and relctor plate . any ideas that would be easier

the shop u took it to should be figuring this out for you, if not give you your money back because they did not fix it. I know my customers wouldnt take it in the ass like that, I would take it back to the repair shop and tell them fix it or give me my money back, i brought it in for this problem and the probelm is still there. How much money did you spend?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

100 dollars

how do i get the crank pully off

cant get the big bolt off without it spining

only take the 4 bolts out.

then pry it off with a screwdriver

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I think he is talking about taking off the crank pulley gear. Having a air impact gun makes life soo much easier removing that bolt. Using normal arm strength is difficult w/o some took to prevent the crank from moving.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

take the inspection plate off the transmission, wedge a screwdriver in between the flywheel ring gear and the bell housing. Now you can go ahead and take off the bolt that holds the crank sprocket.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

im tring to pull the bottom half of my timing cover off so do i need to take both the crank pully and the crank damper off to get it off or what? whats a crash bar . how do i get it off with ot a impact and keep it from turning by myself

my timing belt is on the left driver side
    i dont understand im a newbie at this but want to lear appreciate all the help i can get

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast