The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Officially lowered.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Officially lowered.....

here are some pics i took at my auntes house, a day after the install......thanks to Jigz, Patrick(brother) for helping me put them in.but Jigz did most of the work since he knew what he was doing....and thanks to Jigz's friend,Tim,for moral support:smt040...

i think its WAYYY too low for Chicago streets so i might put those springs spacers.does anyone know if they work any good?o yea the springs that are installed are Megan Racing.
    Last edited by EATsleepJDM; 09-28-2008 at 02:09 AM

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

I'm assuming you haven't done the rears yet, front looks great, what struts are you using?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    looks good now some nice wheels are in order

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Don't use those spring spacers!

Its a bit low..but looks really good. Is the rear still stock or lowered too?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    It doesn't look like the rear is lowered at all. If you lower the rear, then the car won't have the rake (tilt) on it and won't scrape as much on that front bumper.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

greddy:yea havent done the rears yet, and im using GR2 struts.

fatal:yea i know,that why im saving up my money to get a nice pair of rims,but for the time being i might just paint the current ones little dark then STI gold.

g-rim:do you know any alternatives on making it any higher because when winter comes,im going to get stuck pretty much everywhere if Chicago doesnt want to plow the next day like always.yea i like how it sits right now but like i said too low and when i hit minor pot hole(try to dodge them as best as i could) i hear scrapping,also going up my driveway is a bitch since its really steep.but yea the rears are stock,and dont worry i dont drive crazy since the spring rate is off like crazy.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

ivoryg:yea thats what Jigz was telling me about,we were supposed to do all corners but we had trouble in the front and it was almost midnight and i had to be somewhere the next day at 5am so we had to leave,plus the drive back to my house is almost an hour.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Well with lowering springs you are stuck with that height...if you had coilovers it would be a simple fix. I wouldn't even consider trying spring spacers. There is way too much suspension travel and movement for something to be between spring coils. Not only that a spacer between the coil springs would greatly affect the springs effectiveness which would reduce ride quality and handling.

The only other alternative that is safe is either coilovers or slap on stock springs and shocks/struts for the winter unfortunately.
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 09-28-2008 at 11:16 AM

looks awesome, cant wait til we lower the rear too!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    looks awesome, cant wait til we lower the rear too!

So Jigz...how do you like dealing with the 7g's multilink front suspension? A bit more work compared to the 8g's mcphereson struts setup huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    So Jigz...how do you like dealing with the 7g's multilink front suspension? A bit more work compared to the 8g's mcphereson struts setup huh?

oh yeah, it was definitely different. It wasn't that much more difficult but I just didnt know where to start. lol.

It was a learning process though, now, when I get my 7G I will know how to lower it and take the supension apart.

oh yeah, and I love how the sway bar link had a nut on the other side of it so you could counter the bolt while you loosen the nut in front of it. Unlike the 8G's allenwrench thing that rounds out way before you could get the nut lose.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

looks good, what size rims are those? 16's?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I think it looks good, about where my old car used to be. Get some AGX or adjustable struts and will make it tolerable. I like low cars, I wouldnt change it. If you think its too low, get some 17s or 18s.
    7g for life!

lookin good bro

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    I think it looks good, about where my old car used to be. Get some AGX or adjustable struts and will make it tolerable. I like low cars, I wouldnt change it. If you think its too low, get some 17s or 18s.
    ya thats what i was gonna tell him. he looks like he gots 15's now (based on distance from rim wall to caliper). with 17's it won't be that low

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    g-rim:do you know any alternatives on making it any higher because when winter comes,im going to get stuck pretty much everywhere if Chicago doesnt want to plow the next day like always.yea i like how it sits right now but like i said too low and when i hit minor pot hole(try to dodge them as best as i could) i hear scrapping,also going up my driveway is a bitch since its really steep.but yea the rears are stock,and dont worry i dont drive crazy since the spring rate is off like crazy.
    I have an idea, we can probably raise it a little bit from the fork.

Jigz, we need to fix two main things ,the sturt tower part on the right side is rasied too high and on the left side we need to fix the horseshoe looking thing(sorry dont know the name of it).and i talked with my dad and he said as long as its a little bit higher and those two things are in good shape i can keep the springs on.so i hope we can fix these things tomorrow.:::::crosses fingers:::::but if these are not fixed we will have to go back to stock springs...sadly...

o yea thanks for the comments guys....lol hopefully i will be able to sell my subs and amp and get more cash to buy some 17's soon..

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    Jigz, we need to fix two main things ,the sturt tower part on the right side is rasied too high and on the left side we need to fix the horseshoe looking thing(sorry dont know the name of it).and i talked with my dad and he said as long as its a little bit higher and those two things are in good shape i can keep the springs on.so i hope we can fix these things tomorrow.:::::crosses fingers:::::but if these are not fixed we will have to go back to stock springs...sadly...

o yea thanks for the comments guys....lol hopefully i will be able to sell my subs and amp and get more cash to buy some 17's soon..
    you're going to have to show me what we need to change. lol

lol yea i forgot to say its hard to explain.....at the end of that rant....

WANNA LOOK FRESH????

siniGANG represent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast