The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wondering.......

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    GalantGirl

Wondering.......

So after reading and surfing the page for days....I am wondering if I am the only person with a DE. Is there anyone else on this board who also has a DE? Even in the town I live in, I have ran across many Galants but none of them DE. :cry:

There are people with DE's on the board I know one guy from the last meet had a DE. Theres nothing wrong with owning one, You have any questons about your car?

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Manâ„¢
    Search the boards first please!

GalantGirl
    Actually I have alot of questions, but the most imporant one is this....

Why the hell doesn't the base model DE come with Anti-Lock Brakes????

When I bought my car, I went by myself (big mistake) and I just assumed(you should never assume *lol*) that it had anti-lock brakes....since my base model Cavalier did.

Black2k1GTZ
    That is a little weird that ABS wasnt included. But just think...the money you saved on the car you can re-invest in performance parts!!!!

Just make sure you dont tail gate anyone too close so that ABS will be needed...lol!!

Marc :mg:

Supernova
    I don't see too many DE's around here. I've seen maybe...2. But hey, its a Galant, and Galants rock. Its all good. 8)

Senior TGC Member
    Maybe they didn't know how to engineer the ABS stuff in time who knows...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Vedan
    My ES didn't come with ABS either... But I hate them anyway. People think because they have ABS that they have some sort of amazing stopping power. ABS isn't going to save you, knowing how to drive will. Just practice avoiding large obstacles at insane speeds to see how well your breaks work. (i.e.: Brick walls, ice cream shops...)

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vedan)</div><div class='quotemain'>My ES didn't come with ABS either... But I hate them anyway. Â*People think because they have ABS that they have some sort of amazing stopping power. Â*ABS isn't going to save you, knowing how to drive will. Â*Just practice avoiding large obstacles at insane speeds to see how well your breaks work. Â*(i.e.: Brick walls, ice cream shops...) </div>

ABS WILL save lives... especially for the "average driver"... allowing you to stop quicker without locking the wheels... No ABS...? slam on those brakes, as an average Joe would ina a panic situation, and kiss your ass goodbye, cause your car is just going to slide... especially with the shitty stock tires...

Your best bet without ABS is to at least upgrade to some good brake pads, and a set of braided stainless brake lines and upgrade the tires... this will give you a hell of a lot better brake feel, and allow for shorter stopping distances...

The DE did not come with ABS because it adds money to the sticker... simple as that...

Don't ask me why but ABS is still an option for Mitsubishi's at least Eclipses and Galants.

The DE is supposed to be the cheap, baseline fleet or rental car. Its normal. And there are plenty of Galant DE owners on the TGC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGirl)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I have alot of questions, but the most imporant one is this....

Why the hell doesn't the base model DE come with Anti-Lock Brakes????

When I bought my car, I went by myself (big mistake) and I just assumed(you should never assume *lol*) Â*that it had anti-lock brakes....since my base model Cavalier did. Â*
    </div>

FYI, in straightline braking, cars with ABS takes longer distances to stop. Upgraded brake pads, brake fluid, brake lines, better tires, and lighter wheels will all give you better stopping power. Even upgrading your suspension can help a little. But only ABS can let the average person brake hard and steer around potential hazzards.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>