The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my galant makes noises

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    speed8789

my galant makes noises

when i jacked my car up to hear wher i can find the poping noise from i think i might know but i need help when i turn the right tire foward with my hand it pops behind the rotor and when i turn the left tire the right one still pops when i drive down the road or let off gas pedel my car starts whissling from the right tire and when i turn left or right they both start popping

(help)

where do u live? U near south fla? I'll check it out for free at my shop if u are
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

speed8789
    im from alabama

wish u were closer so i can take a look for u
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

speed8789
    all the other body shops said it aint my axle or wheel bearing nor my bushing so wht could it be

try going to a mechanic instead of going to a body shop
    Mods:

try and check the ball joint and also check your swaybar links.

gl
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

I have had similar vibration driving which can be felt in the steering wheel driving over uneven ground. I changed the front sway bar bushings with beefier ones and larger brackets which made soem difference however i suspect other components in the front suspension may need attention and possible replacement. I suspect the ball joints would be my next endeavor for replacement. So in short, second what sls2000 suggests.

Maybe a CV boot, its a rubber cover around there, i know it rips easy and makes squeaks and ticking noises alot, infact it has happened on all cars i ever had

a broken boot is also easy to spot, you'll notice a lot of dirt where the oil has leaked out, not to mention the tear in the rubber boot of course.