The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3k gt big brake kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

3k gt big brake kit

hey I am going to do a big brake kit on my 7g I have all the information that I need but how do I find a wheel that will work. Dose anyone know the measurments that I have to have for the wheel to fit...I plan on running a (RPF or a Rota slipstream white or black) help...next week I am going to get the stuff and put them on if my baby dose not come I will keep you posted.
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Ive heard that stock 14'' steelies dont clear out, but the 15'' stock aluminum do. i have 16'' 2g GST and the clearance is about 1/4''
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

wait what 3k gt?

the 2 pistons or the 4 pistons?

14's don't clear. stock 15 barely clear the 2 piston.

it also depends on the wheel design. my dirfz 518 wheels with 17x7 with +40 offset clear the dual pistons by 1/2" to 3/4"

the 4 istons found on the vr-4 are thicker then brembos i hear

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Well I am going to have to do a 5 lug conversion. They come with 12.5 rotors I think that they are two peice rotors. the guy had stock evolution wheels. they cleared fine .
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

and they are four piston
    Nice to be back!!!!

the 5 lug is optional. from what i know they fit on our regualr mounting bracket. and when i did my rear disk swap my 4 lug rear bearing was the same as the one from the disks.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

the rotors are 5 lug and they are 12.5 and two peice so that is why I said that I was going to do the swap. I wanted to run long studs but I am going to have to get Gst hubs first then I can go from there.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    if it's the four piston brake they do not mount to your knuckle, if they are the two piston brake you are ok. easiest way to tell is the four piston say mitsubishi on them. You do not have to go five lug to do the swap, but will have to find a four lug rotor big enough, and i'm not sure what there is our there that is comparable. i did the 5 lug swap because there is more aftermarket support for the eclipse five lug pattern.
    I will tell you if you go with the 2 piston brakes, SS brake lines, and EBT red stuff, you will have MORE THAN ENOUGH stopping power for your 7g. Enjoy!!

what up I just picked up the 4 piston calipers and I am going to get the adapeter kit next week and the rotors sometime soon...I have been everywhere and I have herd alot of things, and all I can say is if that they don't work they don't but I just want to find out for my self.
    Nice to be back!!!!

But no disrespect ice I just have to either fall on my face or be right...
    Nice to be back!!!!

adaptor kit?

I've only heard of one, and the guy had to run a audi a6 rotor because the 3000gt rotor presented entirely too many problems, and he had to run a spacer.

Why not just a pair of 8g vr4 knuckles, and bolt the evo8 brembo kit on? its more powerful, and its lighter.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I have a Galant VR4 which comes with 2 pot brake calipers from E39A from factory. And yes it really stops reallly really well.

I drove down the local touge (in Hong Kong back then) racing DC2 ITR and there is zero fade down the bottom of the hill the ITR guy says it's all fooked up on his side.

i have the 2 pots. w/ ceramic pads, crossed/slotted rotors, stainless lines, and motul rbf600 brake fluid.....

but when i'm at deal"s gap(top rated canyon road in north america)
    When i pushed balls to the wall downhill,
    I've had the scary brake fade... where my fluid boiled and my pedal fell to the floor. had to pump the pedal franticly to get it to do anything. You could smell the brakes smoking.
    Was scary as hell.

Whel I pulled off at the end of the course, my rotors were rainbow. like a torched titanium tip exhaust.
    after that trip i had totally cystalized my pads.
    Had to throw them away.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    i have the 2 pots. w/ ceramic pads, crossed/slotted rotors, stainless lines, and motul rbf600 brake fluid.....

but when i'm at deal"s gap(top rated canyon road in north america)
    When i pushed balls to the wall downhill,
    I've had the scary brake fade... where my fluid boiled and my pedal fell to the floor. had to pump the pedal franticly to get it to do anything. You could smell the brakes smoking.
    Was scary as hell.

Whel I pulled off at the end of the course, my rotors were rainbow. like a torched titanium tip exhaust.
    after that trip i had totally cystalized my pads.
    Had to throw them away.
    I don't think your brakes are as "priviledged" as the actual E84A VR4 brakes. the actual VR4 brakes have FOUR ventilated discs....

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    I don't think your brakes are as "priviledged" as the actual E84A VR4 brakes. the actual VR4 brakes have FOUR ventilated discs....
    stunr's setup is identical minus the rear disks. wich would not make that big of a diffrence. majority of the braking power is in the front

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    literally all i need to do is buy a pair of 95 eclipse gsx rear rotors for 40 bucks @ autozone and i have vented rear discs.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    adaptor kit?

I've only heard of one, and the guy had to run a audi a6 rotor because the 3000gt rotor presented entirely too many problems, and he had to run a spacer.

Why not just a pair of 8g vr4 knuckles, and bolt the evo8 brembo kit on? its more powerful, and its lighter.
    so tell me... is the 8g knuckle a direct bolt on to our 7g's?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    so tell me... is the 8g knuckle a direct bolt on to our 7g's?

yes it is
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

yes, its identical. but you need to make sure you get the post revision knuckles.
    i guess the earlier jdm or world spec 8g has the same bolt spacing as the 7g. the later version has the same spacing as the usdm 8g... and more importantly, the evo.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ok well, what about the rear brembo calipers, will they be a direct bolt on? And in what year did the revision occur on the knuckle. this could be a fairly cheap winter modification for me.

I wonder... would the later 8G knuckle bolt up to a 99 eclipse GST?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast