The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: another shift knob question haha

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

another shift knob question haha

So i've been searchin for a while and there haven't really been any solid answers to the question i have...which is this. Does anyone have a shift knob with the button on the front? like they have on some GM's, BMW's, and Volvo's? Has anyone done or attempted this?

here's the kind im talkin about:

thanks!!

Yeah let me know what u find too cuz I have been looking for one too.

It depends on the knob itself - the handle you use has to be able to push down on the shift controller to change gear selection.

The first knob pictured *looks* like it actually pulls up, as the pivot point on the button looks to be at the top of the button. It probably would not work on a Galant.

The second knob with the wood grain might work, as the pivot point on the button appears to be on the bottom, so that it would push down - that one might work on the Galant as long as it fit on and is able to be secured to the shifter shaft.

A cheap but in my opinion nice way out of buying one of those but still get an aftermarket look is the 7G shifter knob

VVVtutorial
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32486

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

You could try a lancer OEM AT shift knob. It has the button in front and should fit perfectly. It would look the cleanest IMHO, that's what I was planning before my swap.

jamario
    hi I HAVE A LANCER AUTO SHIFT KNOB THAT I WANT TO instill AND i NEED HELP DO i CUT THE WHITE PIECE?? WHAT DO I DO???

Quote Originally Posted by jamario View Post
    hi I HAVE A LANCER AUTO SHIFT KNOB THAT I WANT TO instill AND i NEED HELP DO i CUT THE WHITE PIECE?? WHAT DO I DO???
    I told you to get me a picture and I would try to help this is your third post of this question in like 20 minutes. Its great that you are searching, but help me help you by posting pics since you already have seen I did Acura MDX not lancer and dont know all the shift knobs in the world by heart. Have you test fitted it at all?

Zogbel has one from an Acura that looks like its functions the same.

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    Zogbel has one from an Acura that looks like its functions the same.
    No the acura one pushes down the bmw one pulls up I have Acura as well.

I already answered you in my thread chill.