The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: good compression but positive crank case pressure

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

good compression but positive crank case pressure

i had a compression check done and all cylinders give between 170-175 psi.

the problem is i blow oil out of the breather in the valve cover. my mechanic is confused too. i have changed the pcv vlave 2 times, both oem from the dealer. any idea as to why i have the positive pressure? it would usually be blow by but all the cylinders give good numbers?

any help would be great

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Hmm im thinking that guide seals could be causing your problem. Oil will be able to pass through the valves without you seeing it on a compression test.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

hey im having the same problem if you find the problem please post it to see if i can fix mine too.
    i even rebuilted the engine and still has the problem

are the valves okay not bend or anything
    make sure all ur sealants/gaskets are okay
    check the plugs as well
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

i still have the problem don't know what it is.

my valves are fine. i have never lost a timing belt. the seal may be a diffrent story. i just need this motor to last until i buld a new one

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

well just spend a couple of hours looking at ur engine and seeing if anything is wrong
    take off ur valve cover look behind the block right under the intake mani
    is ur dipstick in place? is the long tube in goes into undamaged??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    well just spend a couple of hours looking at ur engine and seeing if anything is wrong
    take off ur valve cover look behind the block right under the intake mani
    is ur dipstick in place? is the long tube in goes into undamaged??
    i'm not taking the valve cover off becuase i have to buy a new gasket.

the dipstick is fine. the car is just wierd. i'm not spending anymore on this motor.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Is it a lot of oil? Oil out the breather is normal, thats why they make oil catch cans.
    7g for life!

it's good chunk. i never had the problem.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    get used it, i went through hell and 3 pcv valves before i came to the realization that this is normal
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I had the samr thing happening when I was playing the PCV hose and left it unplugged of the manifold. Since I fixxed it Ive never had any oil in the breather. Check for the that hose being clogged
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I had the samr thing happening when I was playing the PCV hose and left it unplugged of the manifold. Since I fixxed it Ive never had any oil in the breather. Check for the that hose being clogged

will do