The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: led taillight project... pics

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 100 of 100
    nice... i like the turn signals..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by cg8798 View Post
    probably going to cost you alot. Why do you want a clear lens? Very illegal. You need reflectors on the car. Without them, and adding leds, you'll get the attention of the police pretty easily.

No thats not the only thing for the sequential part. The are a lot of other components involved in the circuit to make it work.
    I plan to pull the reflectors from my Altezzas and use those. But I don't know I'll have to call around and ask around and see what the prices are gunna be.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

if you're just using plexi than why not get some and cut it yourself? You could heat it and curve it. But to get it fit in the stock groves won't be easy. And I don't know if a place will cut that kinda piece.

yeah the groves part I figured would be trouble, but I figure it can't be that hard to do because other auto companies do tons of them in all sorts of shapes and sizes. i just dont want to buy the stuff to be able to bend it and besides i think a slow curve like on our lights wouldnt be all that easy for a beginner.

so I thought I'd post some more pictures. You can see how the lens f*cks up the light. No matter what angle you look or take a picture some look brighter than others. I'm trying to work on something to make the leds as close to the lens as possible to cut out these hot spots. You can see how the turn looks under the lens too. Those are close to the lens so they look a lot better. I'll be posting my own thread when the project is all finished. Just thought I'd post some up now.

and that is why you need some kind of clear plexiglass IMO. Still looks good, both of you guys! Job well done, and the best part is its custom and unique and you guys each did it on your own. Hats off to ya!

yeah the plexi would be good. I was some what victorious and cut and adjusted things so they are closer to the lens and look better. Ordering some more parts, building some more circuits and the project should be done soon.

well i think it looks good...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

only the person who makes something sees all the defects
    Mods:

why dont you use a clear lens from "altezza"-style tails

GREEN is the new BLACK

altezza style have different lights. The have the circle design and most of the lens have the grooves. So it won't work right.

the altezzas hand cylindrical extensions that wouldn't look good unless you designed your led's around that pattern. Eitherway I think those extensions are ugly.

go with the clear 2nd gen jdms.. that would look hot..
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by cg8798 View Post
    so I thought I'd post some more pictures. You can see how the lens f*cks up the light. No matter what angle you look or take a picture some look brighter than others. I'm trying to work on something to make the leds as close to the lens as possible to cut out these hot spots. You can see how the turn looks under the lens too. Those are close to the lens so they look a lot better. I'll be posting my own thread when the project is all finished. Just thought I'd post some up now.

on the next set double up the leds like you did on the turn signals, it would make it look more uniformed and would probally look better imo with the shape of the lens...
    Mods:

yeah thats a thought too. I like the individual lines tho. Food for thought for next time.

I agree with guynlidia, doubling up the LEDs would look hot, although I would suggest working with a set of JDM tails, they have fewer ridges to distort the LED effect.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

could you grind down the ridges somehow on the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    could you grind down the ridges somehow on the inside?
    not really. would mess up the lens. I still am unsure about the doubled up lines. Have to see. On the next lights I might do something even more different. So we'll see. But thats in the future since I don't want to spend $300 on new lights and parts now.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I agree with guynlidia, doubling up the LEDs would look hot, although I would suggest working with a set of JDM tails, they have fewer ridges to distort the LED effect.
    if you double up on themn within the ridges it will still have the effect of seperate lines, just more bold and would give a more even light output imo
    Mods:

double lines will just make the same effect as the pics I have only with two dots at every point. The turn signal look better because the lens is different there then inside the ridges part. So doubling the leds inside the ridges will still have the same problem only with more leds. I figured out a way to mount them so the issue no longer really is happening. I finally wired up the reverse leds, and damn they are bright. Pics will be up soon.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345