The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help want to color needles..

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Need help want to color needles..

like many of you guys here one of my first mod on my galant was to clear the needles and replace those 194 bulbs on the guage.. it was great until i replaced it with S7 guages and the needles that i have on doesnt really show up bright as i wanted it to... I have only a 5 single wedge blue LED light lighting up the needles and they suckass....

Does anyone one know what i can use to color the needles back to orange, yellow, or red???

i herd of nail polish but dont know if itll work out, i even tried some cheap crap on ebay...and it failed...

YOur help is very much appricated...THANKS
    wise up or stand down

upgrade to the 4 tip leds instead single, i have white leds behind mine with 4 leds on the tip and it was fine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-pcs...ht_3062wt_1193

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-pcs...ht_2720wt_1193
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    not bad
    03 I4

thanks forf the tip bro...hopefully its bright enough..my last resort is to get a used speedometer with OE needles
    wise up or stand down

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Here is my advice,give the needles an even and thin coat of WHITE PRIMER. Trust me, black or grey primer makes for a terrible base coat when a day-glo (fluorescent) paint is sprayed on top! The primer is a necessary step because the day-glo paint will not stick to the bare plastic needles. Once the primer is dry, spray the needles with day-glo paint. The primer and day-glo paint can be easily found at any hardware store, use three thin coats of "Rust-Oleum Fluorescent" red and the results look amazing. VERY IMPORTANT: Let the needles dry completely before handling! Try to handle the needles by the retaining pegs only as much as you can.