The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: led taillight project... pics

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 100

led taillight project... pics

This has been a week in the making... let me know your thoughts...... (like i have to ask for imput.. lol)
    This project went pretty good... but you guys tell me...

here is the link for my tutorial...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32372
    Last edited by guynlidia2006; 10-12-2008 at 10:11 AM
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    hmm thats pretty cool, nice work

do a yellow blinker if possible. that would look awesome. red blinkers are GAY. hard to see when people put their brakes on.

well they are the 2nd gen jdm so the blinker is yellow... the blinker and reverse are regular bulbs... the running and brake lights are leds... it is my first attempt so i wanted to keep it simple
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    That is freakn sick! How did you do that? Tutorial! Tutorial!!!! Nice job looks awesome :D
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

well i am going to make a tutorial... i have alot more pics of the process.. i just have the left side to install... it is finiished... i just have to wire it up to the car... but i am going to do a how too... it really wasent that hard.. just took lots of planing and about 80 bucks in parts. Each tail light has 41 10mm leds...
    Mods:

Looking good!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

that shit is bright too. if ANYONE was to hit you they shouldnt be driving. lol

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    that shit is bright too. if ANYONE was to hit you they shouldnt be driving. lol
    yep annoying bright.... i love it...
    Mods:

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Nice work, I like it.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Looks good. I want more info on the LEDs and a tutorial. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I'm impresseD!

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Looks good. I want more info on the LEDs and a tutorial. :)
    i will post a shopping list of what, how much and where i bought everything from and more details tommorow with more pics... just looking to get some feedback tonight...
    Mods:

you tried to do the halos right? and got ripped by everyone... nice to see a project work. and at that a great interest project too. charge $50+ supplies to make them! haha and as your agent i get 25%

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    you tried to do the halos right? and got ripped by everyone... nice to see a project work. and at that a great interest project too. charge $50+ supplies to make them! haha and as your agent i get 25%
    lol do you have any idea how long it takes to wire 82 leds lol... try 6 hours...

yep.. that why i did this then posted pics... not posted while doing it... either way i am doing the jdm heads from the group buy.. cause i am not happy with my heads.... but at least i tired...
    Mods:

That is some damn good work man.
    "For every beautiful woman, there's a man somewhere who's tired of sleeping with her."

looks good!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

i was thinking about doing this, but I didn't have a spare set of tails and didn't want to fuck up my 2gens.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i didnt have a spare set either... my fingers were crossed
    Mods:

Great job man...looks great.

look awesome. bright as hell

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast