The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: led taillight project... pics

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 100
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    100%on the effort but I dont care for them. I like the altezas better and I hate the altezas.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    100%on the effort but I dont care for them. I like the altezas better and I hate the altezas.
    Ouch. I personally like them because they are unique although I would never put them on my car

Nice work, but they aren't my personal taste.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

the pic bellow is how they look off
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    altezas are ugly imo... this have the jdm look with a touch...

but thanks for all the imput guys... i am deff happy with them...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

looks good, but I dont think it would flow on my ride! but as long as you are happy with your work thats all that matters
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

it looks good. gives the G an updated look. All the major companies now are doing LED tails.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    pretty cool looking definately good work...im not exactly sure how i feel about them, i think smaller led's would look better personally and if it was throughout the whole light including the turn signal. i do think that they would def look better in person though so again without seeing them i really cant judge too much

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    pretty cool looking definately good work...im not exactly sure how i feel about them, i think smaller led's would look better personally and if it was throughout the whole light including the turn signal. i do think that they would def look better in person though so again without seeing them i really cant judge too much
    well in the future i may do the blinker and reverse. I have never done anything with leds before so it was a learning experence for me.

I used the 10mm leds, i was going for the g35 look... i wanted to make sure they were safe, so i figured the bigger the better...

and it looks sick in person... imo

but i made sure the way i did it was reverseable that way if i ever wanna change it i can... i just remove the bezel.. But i am going to leave it... to me it looks updated like a newer model...
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    it looks good. gives the G an updated look. All the major companies now are doing LED tails.
    thank you sir... but your g is still nicer.. lol I cant wait till i get me new jdm heads from the groupbuy..
    Mods:

looks nice man
    good job
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

i am deff 100% happy with the complete look... i also put a hyper white bulb for the license plate light... i will post pics with everything done in a bit... thanks everyone for your imput. If anyone wants me to do the same to their lights pm me.
    Mods:

nice! good work man! glad to see it worked out for you. when you get that tutorial up let me know because ill probably use some of your learning experiences when I get to work on my taillight project
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

nice job! definitely unique. kudos to you boss!
    "Our fears don't stop death, they stop life"

Nice, I like the look. Post pics when you can!

that is awesome. what an inspiration to me to want to do this.

damn man beat me too it. I just switched cars and started working on plans for these. Thought people might be interested in buying them. These are pictures of my old ones, going with the same style with the galant lights.

how'd you do the output change for brakes? PWM?
    Last edited by cg8798; 10-24-2008 at 12:06 AM

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    good work indeed. Great job!!!
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by cg8798 View Post
    damn man beat me too it. I just switched cars and started working on plans for these. Thought people might be interested in buying them. These are pictures of my old ones, going with the same style with the galant lights.

how'd you do the output change for brakes? PWM?
    goto my how to in the first post and there is a link of what i used... what did you use when you did yours?
    Mods:

I used a pwm. The pwm is a better way to go for wiring the leds to a tail light for brakes. It allows you to manually change the amount of current going through the leds so you can adjust the brightness easily. Makes all the leds completely equal on the brightness factor too. I see how you did it tho. I'm not sure I would be a fan of it tho. From the pics the leds look like some are brighter than others and the brakes are extremely bright. While bright brake lights are not a bad thing for sure, it may be too bright ha.
    Last edited by cg8798; 10-26-2008 at 08:29 PM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast