The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Temperature Control Actuator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    Doesn't look like a Mitsubishi part# to me??

paytons_mom19
    For the actuator can you get it from a normal auto parts store? or would a junk yard or dealer be a better option??

It's a Mitsubishi specific part that I don't believe is available in the "normal auto parts" store. It's probably available at Junkyards for really cheap, but you don't know the history and if it's old, it's probably toast again. You can get it from the dealer, part# MR958603 (it might have been superseeded), or from eBay -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heater-Tempe...item5890853ad7

I'm not sure if this is the correct link on Mitsubishi -
    https://oemmitsubishiparts.com/parts...agramCallOut=3

Can anyone here get this part from a junk yard for cheap? I'm suffering without heat
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelx5 View Post
    Here’s a little more info on the replacement of the actuator. The link on this thread to specific instructions is dead. I used the instructions at this link for taking the lower dashboard apart (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=17591). However, you do not need to take out the center console, just ignore that part. Also, watch the screws removed from the right side – they are not all the same.

Once you get the entire dashboard off you will see the actuator behind the blower duct. You need to remove the blower duct. It is pushed into another piece that is straight back and there is a single screw holding it in on the left side over by the controls. Remove that screw and pull it out.

Now you can clearly see the actuator, but there is a piece of electronics mounted on an aluminum bracket just to the right of the actuator. Move the electronic gizmo off the bracket by pushing it straight back (it is held to the bracket by sliding into a slot. The bracket itself still makes it hard to get at the actuator. I removed the easy to get at top screw holding the bracket and then bent it out of the way (it’s thin metal) so I could get at the actuator easier.

Now you can remove the actuator. You need a stubby phillips head screw driver (~3”) and it needs to be #1. There are three screws holding in the actuator, 2 are readily visible and one is on the far side out of sight. The one that can’t be seen isn’t too hard to get at though. Look at the replacement part feel where the screw head will be and transfer that feel to the one that is installed. The actuator just comes right off, unplug the molex connector. Replace the new one ensuring that the metal pin fits into the slot on the white plastic. Turn the car electronics on and move the temp selector back and forth to ensure it is functioning. I thought that the valve would move gradually as the temp selection knob was turned. Actually the valve moves 180 degrees with just one more click on the temp dial. But, the air temp changes nicely across the full range of settings. There must be another system at work that modifies the temp.

The job took me 2 hrs. now I could do it in under an hour.
    Just did the replacement and this was really helpful (bolded). Thanks for that.

I used a Dorman brand for the replacement. Cost was about $78 shipped at eBay. I figure since the OEM part was a POS from the beginning, what did I have to lose using an aftermarket.
    Job went as well as they go when you're taking dash apart, and then working in tight spots, but have heat again and am ready for Fall.
    Thanks for all the help here.
    Last edited by 03_Black_V6; 09-06-2014 at 06:25 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12