The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help with installing in dash GPS in 05 Galant GTS

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Help with installing in dash GPS in 05 Galant GTS

I have a 2005 Galant GTS. I have the Infinity 6 CD changer.

I am trying to figure out if there is a stock amp and sub. I bought a Kenwood DNX 7120. The harness the seller gave me, you have to rewire all the speakers, I guess bypassing the stock amp. I cannot find a the stock amp nor do I know if there is a stock sub anywhere. What do these cars come with? If there is a sub and amp where would they be located? And if I have to bypass the amp am I going to get the same sound quality as if I was using the amp? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    if you have teh premium system it will not be better sound quality because the hu will only power 4 speakers... im not sure of the 9g but for the 8 the amp is under the pass seat

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    try metraonline.com n see if they have an intergration harness

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    if you have teh premium system it will not be better sound quality because the hu will only power 4 speakers... im not sure of the 9g but for the 8 the amp is under the pass seat
    I got everything hooked up today. Had to bypass the amp which is under the glove box.

There is a sgnificat drop off in bass, I am guessing because I had to by pass the amp. Anyway to hook up the stock amp to the aftermarket hu?

I'm trying to do this as well anyone have a wiring diagram from the 9g Infinity amp to the head unit? I'm trying to install a deck without bypassing the factory amp..