The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any guys in the states rockin RoW (Rest of World) guages?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Any guys in the states rockin RoW (Rest of World) guages?

Maybe this is an oddball question, but does anyone have JDM or EuDM gauges with KPH instead of USDM with MPH? I know when I took apart my interiour before parting with my shell, the gauges popped out of a wonderful little connector, and I was wondering about the interchangability of the two between different world markets.

TIA!
    1996 Galant S

I'm sporting one because my car itself is JDM.... the RHD gauges are identical to the LHD ones so you can dump that in.

what do you mean wonderful little connector? the gauge comes off and the connectors are secured to a panel inside the dash isn't it?

the only problem is that JDM cars speedo only goes up to 180km/h.... what you want is a Euro gauge so it reads to 240km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    I'm sporting one because my car itself is JDM.... the RHD gauges are identical to the LHD ones so you can dump that in.

what do you mean wonderful little connector? the gauge comes off and the connectors are secured to a panel inside the dash isn't it?

the only problem is that JDM cars speedo only goes up to 180km/h.... what you want is a Euro gauge so it reads to 240km/h.
    Good lookin on the info, I'll definitely want to go the Euro route then.

The wonderful connector is that panel I was referencing by "connector" because I jumped up and down with glee because of how easy it was to take out and replace first and only time I did it on my last G.

The only trouble I can foresee is the tach signal not being correct due to differences in engines. Anyone know more about the JDM/EuDM market Galants that can shed some light on the subject?
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i personaly would just keep it and if you want something different jut get different faces or overlays, probroblly be cheaper as well

why do you want to change it? its pointless

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

well I sold a Ralliart dashboard to a guy in Puerto Rico (dashboard originally intended for VR4 V6 twin turbo use) and he seems to be fine with it.....

what's the engine choices like in PR? I'd assume also 4 cyl?

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    why do you want to change it? its pointless
    Why change it? Because I like the idea of having something factory that'll be fully funtional, not look half-assed, and be different. I can do MPH-KPH conversions in my head pretty quick, so I wouldn't mind it, I'd think of it as fun. It's one of those things that you look at and say, "hey, that's different!"

Cheaper to change gauge faces? Probably, but I don't like any of them out there, and I've got my heart set on KPH personally. It's one of thouse subtle touches, like the MMC badges or power folding mirrors.

hk20000- I think they got RoW items, but I'm not sure. This is the first time any nice world spec pieces were affordable to me, before now I never took interest because it wasn't that real of a possibility.. and I didn't want to waste people's time on the board by asking about things I couldn't afford. Now that I can, however, I'm all "give me sources, please!"
    1996 Galant S

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Kid View Post
    Why change it? Because I like the idea of having something factory that'll be fully funtional, not look half-assed, and be different. I can do MPH-KPH conversions in my head pretty quick, so I wouldn't mind it, I'd think of it as fun. It's one of those things that you look at and say, "hey, that's different!"

Cheaper to change gauge faces? Probably, but I don't like any of them out there, and I've got my heart set on KPH personally. It's one of thouse subtle touches, like the MMC badges or power folding mirrors.

hk20000- I think they got RoW items, but I'm not sure. This is the first time any nice world spec pieces were affordable to me, before now I never took interest because it wasn't that real of a possibility.. and I didn't want to waste people's time on the board by asking about things I couldn't afford. Now that I can, however, I'm all "give me sources, please!"

if you really want them, then go for it.

side not: this is what comes to mind

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    if you really want them, then go for it.
    I think I will! Think our usual JDM importer can get his hands on a EuDM gauge cluster? I'd PM him, but I don't have $$ yet, but I would like to know my sources ahead of time.
    1996 Galant S

get on the uk ebay. they are cheap as fuck. some jdm cars have the same speedo tho.

I found a few in Poland, the UK gauges are in MPH.

Also, 2.0l four cyl gauges are 220kph, V6 (different tach signal) are 240kph. Tach on the 4 banger goes to 6500rpm and V6 goes up to 7500rpm.

Figured I would throw that out there in case anyone else is as peculiar as I am. Now I gotta sign up for an ebay account and keep my eyes peeled.
    1996 Galant S

if you can find a set from Canada shipping will be cheaper... if you can find them...

Canada never got a 7G Galant what are you talking about!!! LOL.

Mitsubishi was absent from Canada until 2002....you can get a 8G RoW gauge here but you can't get a 7G one. We didn't even get a "DSM equivalent" like the Eagle 2000GTX for the 6G!

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    Canada never got a 7G Galant what are you talking about!!! LOL.

Mitsubishi was absent from Canada until 2002....you can get a 8G RoW gauge here but you can't get a 7G one. We didn't even get a "DSM equivalent" like the Eagle 2000GTX for the 6G!

my mistake, skimming though and didnt even notice it was a 7G thread. with that said, if you really want KM/H gauges you may want to look into having a custom gauge face made. you may be able to find a company near you that can do it cheaper and quicker then finding one from another country, buying and shipping it.

Either way best of luck.