The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Leather Seats

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Leather Seats

Ok I need some help i found this guy with a GTZ willing to trade seats and some cash for his leather seats in perfect condiction, we had the back seats in and ready for the front but my question is now will the front seats work because they have the air bags on the side of the seats and my ES doesnt come with that? Wouldnt it just delploy the air bags on the leather seats that was my worry and i didnt do the swap....Please let me know what could be done thank you

Do you want airbags in your car? His car is going to have an SRS light come on, which will bother him. Your car likely doesn't have the hookup for it (I'm guessing yours is an earlier build than his) so no, the airbags won't work.

Make sure when taking the seats with airbags out that you disconnect the battery and let it sit for 90 seconds before you touch any connector otherwise you might get a nice surprise!

HTH.
    1996 Galant S

Alright thanks I'll go Ahead and do the swap if he still wants to:)

I just finished doing the same swap, literally about 20 minutes ago.

You only need to run a cable to the cable the motor runs to. The driver's seat has 3 plugs. One for the seat belt, one for the air bags (red plug with yellow grommet), and one for the motor. The ES already has the plug for the seat belt. Just connect a wire from the battery to the motor plug.